Five problems

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
trevert

Five problems

Post by trevert »

I'm currently running 1.0.6 on Ubuntu 7.1 with Boost 1.34, and am having several really frustrating problems that are working hard to shove me away from using Deluge.

1) Like so many others, I'm experiencing extremely heavy CPU usage rates - Deluged will regularly push the CPU up to 97% once it's been on and running for a while. It often gets to the point that I have to turn Deluge off while doing anything else on the machine, if I want the system to be responsive. For comparison's sake, I just DLed some stuff with Transmission, and its CPU usage never got over 8%.

2) Crashes & freezes. Right now, it is frozen. The program window will open and I can click on the various torrents, but the speeds are all locked frozen, and nothing responds to any input (No pause/resume; etc). I expect I will shortly have to force-quit it again and kill the deluged process, just to turn it off. This happens pretty often - it locks up, I have to kill it, and then it hangs and freezes again not long after being restarted.

3) DL individual files broken? This used to work fine, being able to selectively choose individual files out of a large torrent if you didn't need the whole thing. However, in the new version, I check & uncheck the various files when opening the torrent to just pick what I want, but once I click "OK", it still starts DLing the entire torrent file package, ignoring the individual selections I've made.

4) *Error* Quite often after closing Deluge and restarting it, I'm seeing files that were half-downloaded turning up with the red "error" icon and refusing to DL further, forcing me to restart the DLs from scratch. This behavior is totally new to 1.0.6 - it never did this to me before.

5) Deluged never ending. It sucks up lots of CPU % and just hangs around, even after the Deluge program is closed. The system will continue to be slow and sluggish, and an hour later I'll check the system monitor and find that deluged is still running and still soaking up the CPU, and I'll have to kill it.

It's finally reached the point this evening that it barely works for me, and I'm just going to yank it and reinstall one of the .5 versions. Makes me sad, though, because I love all the new features and layout. :cry: But it just seems to be getting glitchier and glitchier with each new update...