Web UI can't reliably add torrents

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
tommiy
New User
New User

Web UI can't reliably add torrents

Post by tommiy »

I've got deluge installed and with the gtk client it works reliably however I want to use the Web UI to control it with and I'm having troubles. Hope someone can help. Almost all the time I can not get the Web UI to add a torrent. Very rarely it does....if I check the choose files option it almost all the time shows files related to other torrents.

Am I doing something wrong here or is the web ui just flakey?
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Re: Web UI can't reliably add torrents

Post by mvoncken »

Choose files when adding is broken.
I removed the option until i can figure out a clean/good solution.

Until then : add in paused state and choose files after that.
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
tommiy
New User
New User

Post by tommiy »

Thanks for that. Seems I can't get the web UI to work with private sites either. Is this possible or something that only the GTK client can do?
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

Gtk and webui use the same daemon, there shoudln't be any difference.
Could you be more specific?
tommiy
New User
New User

Post by tommiy »

well couple of things.

I can;t get the webUI to work with private sites at all. Public sites are not an issue works fine. My guess is that with the private sites that there is something with the passkey but using the web UI and trying to add the url just doesn't work. Would appreciate if some one knows a way around this.

Because of the item above I thought I'd have the local GUI attach to the daemon on the other box. Well this seems to only work if the daemon and the client are running the same OS. The GUI expects to find the file directories on the local machine and not where the daemon is running....in my case the dameon is running on linux and the client on linux so when the GUI starts up it complains that it can;t find the directories that the daemon has set and wants to change them....defaults to some different path on linux ....can;t remember exactly something like /etc/something ...sorry for the vagueness but when it didn't function I just uninstalled the local client and gave it up.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

tommiy wrote:Because of the item above I thought I'd have the local GUI attach to the daemon on the other box. Well this seems to only work if the daemon and the client are running the same OS. The GUI expects to find the file directories on the local machine and not where the daemon is running....in my case the dameon is running on linux and the client on linux so when the GUI starts up it complains that it can;t find the directories that the daemon has set and wants to change them....defaults to some different path on linux ....can;t remember exactly something like /etc/something ...sorry for the vagueness but when it didn't function I just uninstalled the local client and gave it up.
GUI and core are cross-platform. You probably hadn't disabled classic mode. I've written a user guide on setting deluge up as thin client: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/ThinClient
tommiy
New User
New User

Post by tommiy »

Actually I did disable classic mode. Tried for a while to change the directory back by altering the config on the linux box trying to ignore the settings in the windows GUI. Didn't really work at all it just kept trying to save on the linux server by appending windows drive names etc. May go back and try it if I have the time but I spent about 4hrs on trying to convince it not to use the windows paths. In fact with classic mode disabled and the paths set on linux when the windows GUI was started it just came up with error messages that the paths could not be found.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

download the torrent file first, then upload it to webui.
You can't "add url" on a password protected site.