Compile only daemon

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Andrey

Compile only daemon

Post by Andrey »

Hello all.
Is it possible to compile and run only a Deluge daemon? And what dependencies it requered?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Compile only daemon

Post by johnnyg »

Userguide on installing deluge from source: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/InstallingDeluge
To run just the daemon:

Code: Select all

deluged
Malamut

Post by Malamut »

Ok, it's easy to install from sources. But can I compile Deluge without GNOME, GTK and other unnecessary libraries, only console (or web) ui and daemon, for example, can I install deluge to server with only console user interface? This is a frequent question on some russians forums)))
Ubuntu Jaunty x86_64, Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz, 2 GB RAM
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Malamut wrote:Ok, it's easy to install from sources. But can I compile Deluge without GNOME, GTK and other unnecessary libraries, only console (or web) ui and daemon, for example, can I install deluge to server with only console user interface? This is a frequent question on some russians forums)))
Yes.

Basically, the only build dependencies you need are for libtorrent and that's basically just boost and ssl. All the GTK stuff is dynamically loaded in python, so you don't need to install any of those libraries for the daemon to work or to build. The only thing the daemon really requires is pygobject which depends on glib.
gilbert2048
New User
New User

Post by gilbert2048 »

I was wondering if someone knew how I could compile just the web interface.
I am planing on setting up the web interface to run under Apache like this totorial and I would prefer not to install the demon or the GTK interface considering it is a web server and is headless

Thanks in advance
-Gilbert
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

gilbert2048 wrote:I was wondering if someone knew how I could compile just the web interface.
I am planing on setting up the web interface to run under Apache like this totorial and I would prefer not to install the demon or the GTK interface considering it is a web server and is headless

Thanks in advance
-Gilbert
wsgi has some problems, it's easier to use mod_proxy : http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... oxy#p53605
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
gilbert2048
New User
New User

Post by gilbert2048 »

mvoncken wrote:it's easier to use mod_proxy : http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... oxy#p53605
Thank you, while it may be easier it still requires me to run 2 web servers, which I find to be unnecessary.

The thing that I am mainly interested in is there a way to compile just the web ui instead of the demon and every GUI, etc.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

gilbert2048 wrote: The thing that I am mainly interested in is there a way to compile just the web ui instead of the demon and every GUI, etc.
That's only possible if you manually edit setup.py.
To avoid building libtorrent comment out : "ext_modules = _ext_modules,"
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
gilbert2048
New User
New User

Post by gilbert2048 »

thank you i give it my best and let you know of my results
gilbert2048
New User
New User

Post by gilbert2048 »

I could not find "ext_modules = _ext_modules" in the file I found lines that were similar but not that exact phrase. I did fine the line " ext_modules = [libtorrent]," which I commented out, and it successfully built. Install seemed to go ok but I'm not completely sure, because I seem to be unable to access that port on my server(of course I thought it was from the install but, I tried a clean install and still couldn't access it), I think I need to fix the firewall, so I have no idea if it worked.