Deluge 1.0.4 Released

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
aselya

Re: Deluge 1.0.4 Released

Post by aselya »

UPnP is also not working for me yet. I'm using 1.04 on Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64. My router is an Asus Wl-500G Premium running the newest version of Tomato.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

I tested my router with hydri from libtorrent , and it works now (zyxel).
He made 2 upnp fixes/changes , they will be available in 1.05.
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
hordak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by hordak »

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 32 bit using an Actiontec MI424 Rev C Router.

I have two major issues with Deluge 1.04.

1. Client thinks port is closed when it is not. This did not exist in previous releases of Deluge. Deluge states port is closed, but utorrent (opened when I shut down Deluge) states that port is open. This problem seems to come and go. This is affecting my connectability and needs to be fixed in the next release.

Edit: I think the reason the client went unconnectable was that one of my peerguardian block lists was blocking http://deluge-torrent.org/test-port.php?port=*****. I moved that IP to my permanent allowed list now.

2. Daemon closes on its own due to memory management issues. After seeding torrents for several hours, Deluge runs out of memory when doing its normal fast resume task. Not sure why Deluge does not release the memory after it completes its task. The only way to get healthy is to pause all torrents, close client, and reboot the machine. I will have to post the Deluged.log when this occurs again.
lovinglinux
New User
New User

Post by lovinglinux »

dark5tar wrote:Also, I havent seemed to be able to get any other blocklist other than Emule to actually load. It would be nice to maybe be able to load the updated peer guardian lists as peer guardian 2 seems to indicate that its blocking upwards of like 29 million ips and the Emule blocklist only seems to indicate 190683 IPs blocked whereas peer guardian 2 indicates 2761596424 are Blocked.
That's because Peer Guardian gives you the total number of blocked IPs, while Deluge gives you the number of IP ranges. So if you have a block list with a single range like 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255, it will show up in PG2 as billions of blocked IPs while in Deluge will show 1 range, but both will block the entire web with this list.

Nevertheless, as far as I know, the blocklist plugin is not working yet. It wasn't working on version 1.0.2 and I can't find any indication that this problem has been solved in the change log. So you might be getting a false sense of protection. I'm not using 1.0.x branch yet because of this, so I can't be sure if it is working already. Anyway, if you want to test if it is working, try creating a list with the range 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 and see if you still can connect to peers. It should not connect to any peers.
dark5tar

Post by dark5tar »

hey thanks for that answer, it makes sense now that you explained the difference. I believe in 1.0.3 the ipblocklist was actually fixed - oh well, thanks again for the info -

I have a firewall program that lets me import blocklists, so im going to just use that for the time being....