add torrent fails silently

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
clarknova

add torrent fails silently

Post by clarknova »

Was using deluged 1.0.0 with web ui. Just upgraded to 1.0.3 and issue persists. Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64.

Click "Add Torrent"
Select torrent file from home directory on client machine
Click submit

UI goes back to index page but newly added torrent is not listed. Previously-added torrents are running. I tried adding torrents via URL and same result. I've tried several torrents, I've tried moving and renaming the torrent before adding it. Nothing seems to work. I tried increasing all my limits under the "Queue" setting, even though I hadn't reached them yet, but still no dice.

I tried restarting deluge ui and deluged. I'm guessing a reboot of the deluged server might fix the problem, but a) I'd rather not reboot the server remotely, and b) if there's a bug here I'd like to be able to help identify it.

So what info can I provide to help troubleshoot this?

db
db
clarknova

Re: add torrent fails silently

Post by clarknova »

I tried from a different client machine and was able to add torrents. Go figure.

db
db
phuzz

Re: add torrent fails silently

Post by phuzz »

I'm getting the same problem on Vista x64 (see here), I've found as a work around that setting up a folder to auto add torrents and just saving them in there works. It's more of a hassle but at least it works.