1.0.3 Daemon crashes (Ubuntu)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
r0ckarong

1.0.3 Daemon crashes (Ubuntu)

Post by r0ckarong »

I've got a strange problem since today. I used my laptop yesterday to log into the Daemon from some place else and it was a bit slow but worked. I know it's not recommended to do that but I tried anyway. Now today the daemon is acting up badly. It crashes every ten minutes or so and needs to be restarted.

The shell output tells me stuff like "marking torrent <hash> dirty" and right before it crashes I get an

"[DEBUG ] 14:02:20 signalreceiver:96 Unable to deregister client from server: 'The core proxy is invalid.'

(see output http://www.paste2.org/p/93369)

The daemon appears to keep running but when I reconnect all connections start over instead of picking up where they were and sometimes the entire UI locks up so I have to kill the daemon and the UI just to get it working again. Both never happened before and I worked with Deluge for months now. I need that client to do stuff. What is wrong how can I fix this? I need the daemon to keep running properly. Sometimes when that happens it screws up the ratio information and such. I don't want to get banned from my trackers for this. What can I do? What shouldn't I do?

Edit:

Wow, now something got screwed up completely. All my downloaded files are re-downloading, when I try to move the storage it tells me "Error" but no messages what is wrong with it.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: 1.0.3 Daemon crashes (Ubuntu)

Post by andar »

r0ckarong wrote:I've got a strange problem since today. I used my laptop yesterday to log into the Daemon from some place else and it was a bit slow but worked. I know it's not recommended to do that but I tried anyway. Now today the daemon is acting up badly. It crashes every ten minutes or so and needs to be restarted.

The shell output tells me stuff like "marking torrent <hash> dirty" and right before it crashes I get an

"[DEBUG ] 14:02:20 signalreceiver:96 Unable to deregister client from server: 'The core proxy is invalid.'

(see output http://www.paste2.org/p/93369)

The daemon appears to keep running but when I reconnect all connections start over instead of picking up where they were and sometimes the entire UI locks up so I have to kill the daemon and the UI just to get it working again. Both never happened before and I worked with Deluge for months now. I need that client to do stuff. What is wrong how can I fix this? I need the daemon to keep running properly. Sometimes when that happens it screws up the ratio information and such. I don't want to get banned from my trackers for this. What can I do? What shouldn't I do?

Edit:

Wow, now something got screwed up completely. All my downloaded files are re-downloading, when I try to move the storage it tells me "Error" but no messages what is wrong with it.
That's just the log for the gtkui, the log for the daemon would be more useful.
r0ckarong

Post by r0ckarong »

andar wrote:That's just the log for the gtkui, the log for the daemon would be more useful.
Nevermind, I figured it had to do with my system constantly overheating. So I cleaned up and everything is fine now. Didn't guess that could happen but since it's pretty rough on the machine to manage all these files I guess the daemon died because of that. What's the command to output the daemon log anyway? I started it manually by typing "deluged" but that only started it and didn't produce any output.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »