unable to set the listen port after a crash.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
btgo
New User
New User

unable to set the listen port after a crash.

Post by btgo »

After a crash, all download is checked fine. i found the port setting is changed and i want to set it back, but i can't, the port setting is not responsed. i shut down the daemon and the gtk ui, and reopen and set again, it still not response. Then I try to check random port, it works(the port can randomly changed), but when i unchecked the random port, it is still no response to the static port setting.

And i want to know how to set it at null ui? I try config-set listen_ports 1234 but it says the value is not correct type?
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: unable to set the listen port after a crash.

Post by johnnyg »

you should be able to set the listen ports with:

Code: Select all

config-set listen_ports [<start port>, <end port>]
however it seems that this doesn't work (I think it's due to it for some reason rejecting lists but it actually needs a list in this case?), you'll have to wait for a developer to comment on this.
in the meantime you can open up

~/.config/deluge/core.conf
in your favourite editor (close deluge before doing this) and search for listen_ports (it's on line 126 for me).
three lines down from that you should see something like:

I6881
aI6891
those are the listening ports range (6881 is my start port and 6891 is my end port).
change those to whatever you want and then restart deluge.
note you should probably keep a backup of your core.conf in case you screw it up (or be prepared to delete it and start from scratch).