Default Password?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
DPic

Default Password?

Post by DPic »

So i just installed deluge 1.0.3 and told it to use a password and just assumed it would use the one i was using before. Apparently it doesn't and there's some other default password. What is it?

Thanks
.Danny
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Default Password?

Post by johnnyg »

I'm assuming you're talking about the web ui password?
In which case the default password is "deluge"
DPic

Post by DPic »

I figured that would be it but i tried that and it didn't work...it's set to start in system tray so i can't start it up to change the password. Is there anything else i can do?
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

johnnyg wrote:I'm assuming you're talking about the web ui password?
In which case the default password is "deluge"
I think he's talking about "Password protect system tray" in Preferences->Interface

the password is encrypted in the gtkui.conf in ~/config/deluge, under tray_password, you could set the lock_tray to 0 to disable it and set a new password
DPic

Post by DPic »

Thanks! That worked. I have no idea what the password was...it was a fresh installation. Is that a bug?

Anyways, to help anyone else with this problem out, while deluge is not running, find:

Code: Select all

sS'lock_tray'
p22
I01
and change it to:

Code: Select all

sS'lock_tray'
p22
I00
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

I just tried it now, it seems that the default password is blank; i.e. you don't enter anything, you just hit OK.
Maybe it should warn you when the password is blank? That would prevent people from forgetting to set the password.
It's also disturbing how easy it was to bypass the system tray password, I guess that feature is just for people to stop average joe from messing with deluge.
Mindzai

Post by Mindzai »

Yes does seem a bit simple to bypass but then what security does it really offer anyway? If someone is at your computer they can get to all your downloaded files and deluge configs anyway. Like you say I suppose it is just to prevent the casual user, little kids etc from playing.
DPic

Post by DPic »

johnnyg wrote:I just tried it now, it seems that the default password is blank; i.e. you don't enter anything, you just hit OK.
That was another thing i tried that didn't work but i have no idea why it would be different if it for you.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

hmm it would have been interesting to have saved the sha1 hash.
either way I think a warning would prevent that from ever happening again.