Deluge 1.0.2 32bit Ubuntu Hardy: deluged is zombie process

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Rakki

Deluge 1.0.2 32bit Ubuntu Hardy: deluged is zombie process

Post by Rakki »

Argh, I updated Deluge 1.0.2 but still experienced problems with 32bit Ubuntu Hardy. Old torrents are not on list (list is empty). I tried to add torrents again for seeding purposes but only result was some sort of lockup.

1. Start Deluge -> ok
2. Add torrent from file -> deluge cpu load is over 80% all the time. Very low hard disk activity (no led blinking nor ioload).
3. Killing of zombie process fails by some reason and killing deluge + restarting it doesn help. :?

System monitor shows deluged is there two times (first process is zombie and second is running).
Rakki

Re: Deluge 1.0.2 32bit Ubuntu Hardy: deluged is zombie process

Post by Rakki »

I waited about 15 minutes and after that torrent was added. This issue was probably caused by huge torrent again, have to be patient :oops:.
Size of the torrent 11,326 items, totalling 5.4 GB. This is anyway a bit annoying because I have again to add all torrents and check them, it takes several hours because there are number of torrents and they all are very big.

Now I cannot use Gnomes user panel because ioload is 100% :evil:. From earlier experiences this issue takes even 1 hour.

This zombie process might be consequence of first starting of deluge and then ending it improperly.
garnettxd
New User
New User

Post by garnettxd »

My deluge doesn't go Zombie,but it also forgets what it was downloading last time I paused and shuted it,the list simply goes empty and I have to add torrents again and suffer from the hdd read.I am considering about going back to 0.5.9.3_1.
garnettxd
New User
New User

Post by garnettxd »

Something additional to tell, when torrents are re-added,the checking operation does not report a percentage number as much as I saw before the last time closing it.So I lose something.

I am using 32bit Ubuntu Hardy,ext3 filesystem on a Intel machine.

Plus,the downloading speed is good.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

Can I get the torrent that has all those files?
Rakki

Post by Rakki »

andar wrote:Can I get the torrent that has all those files?
Yes, the torrent can be downloaded from Pleasuredome. http://full.pleasuredome.org.uk
It requires registration and the name of the torrent is: [FREE] MAME 0.128 ROMs (you will be able to see the torrent when registered).