Maximising Total Downloads

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
JXBlack
Leecher
Leecher

Maximising Total Downloads

Post by JXBlack »

About 80% of my downloads are low seeds and peers. Is thier a performance deterioration if many torrents are downloded at the same time? Which will maximize my total daily download 5 torrents or 50 torrents? Or somewhere in between? My feed is 4 Mb but I rarely get over 60MB which is about 12% of Max.

thanks
Mindzai

Re: Maximising Total Downloads

Post by Mindzai »

JXBlack wrote:About 80% of my downloads are low seeds and peers. Is thier a performance deterioration if many torrents are downloded at the same time? Which will maximize my total daily download 5 torrents or 50 torrents? Or somewhere in between? My feed is 4 Mb but I rarely get over 60MB which is about 12% of Max.

thanks
I imagine you are always going to see better performance on one torrent with 100 peers as opposed to 10 torrents with 10 peers each, but I doubt the difference is much. I regularly have up to 100 torrents going at once (not all downloading though) and I dont have any issues. You can limit global connections etc if you are having issues, then deluge will take care of things for you anyway.