Torrent Creator For Deluge 1.0.0 (Windows)

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
MattLee
New User
New User

Torrent Creator For Deluge 1.0.0 (Windows)

Post by MattLee »

Is there a way to create a torrent using the new version of deluge (1.0.0) for windows?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Torrent Creator For Deluge 1.0.0 (Windows)

Post by markybob »

MattLee wrote:Is there a way to create a torrent using the new version of deluge (1.0.0) for windows?
no. svn has create capabilities and will be in 1.1, but 1.0 does not have it. use 0.5.x if you need that feature *now* and dont want to use svn
MattLee
New User
New User

Post by MattLee »

is svn available for windows users?

and i love the potential of deluge especially when the plugin system is fully integrated. its the only torrent client i know that automatically updates blocklists from bluetack. i myself went from uTorrent then switched to Azureus. After Azureus became Vuze and became too bulky plus the added adware, i was looking for a new client. Deluge at the beginning to me came off as average because of the failure of the blocklist plugin, then the rc candidates of 1.0.0 didnt work with windows. I have to say deluge 1.0.0 final is the best deluge by far and can't wait to see what 1.1 will offer.
loki

Post by loki »

Short answer, no, svn is not available for windows. It is much more hassle than it's worth, just get a 0.5x version to create torrents... or there are other free open source programs that are capable of creating torrents.
For the time being until deluge supports creating torrents again I found halite, very small, but is not updated hardly at all it does create torrents though. I believe it doesn't even need to install, just unzip to a directory.
MattLee
New User
New User

Post by MattLee »

loki wrote:Short answer, no, svn is not available for windows. It is much more hassle than it's worth, just get a 0.5x version to create torrents... or there are other free open source programs that are capable of creating torrents.
For the time being until deluge supports creating torrents again I found halite, very small, but is not updated hardly at all it does create torrents though. I believe it doesn't even need to install, just unzip to a directory.
I've tried halite since near the beginning and it is good for it's size but also doesn't handle torrents very well. it will be one of the 1st torrent clients that cant download a torrent. until they get that fixed, i dont see much purpose to halite. you should try BitSpirit if you wish to give recommendations to clients when deluge isn't working well with their system. The only problem ive found with BitSpirit is its complex to add and update blocklists. Still it's one of the most powerful and fastest on the market and is regularly updated although its just freeware and not open source. It atleast doesnt have adware like vuze and isnt spying on its users like bitTorrent and uTorrent are.

is there any way you can add a developer who can work on the windows version so deluge can work as smooth on windows as it does on linux? If deluge worked up to its potential on windows, i think most would be using it even if its install size is almost 3 times that of azureus just because of the simplicity and the ease of use and has no adware or the vuze crap.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

MattLee wrote:
loki wrote:Short answer, no, svn is not available for windows. It is much more hassle than it's worth, just get a 0.5x version to create torrents... or there are other free open source programs that are capable of creating torrents.
I've tried halite since near the beginning and it is good for it's size but also doesn't handle torrents very well. it will be one of the 1st torrent clients that cant download a torrent. until they get that fixed, i dont see much purpose to halite. you should try BitSpirit if you wish to give recommendations to clients when deluge isn't working well with their system. The only problem ive found with BitSpirit is its complex to add and update blocklists. Still it's one of the most powerful and fastest on the market and is regularly updated although its just freeware and not open source. It atleast doesnt have adware like vuze and isnt spying on its users like bitTorrent and uTorrent are.

is there any way you can add a developer who can work on the windows version so deluge can work as smooth on windows as it does on linux? If deluge worked up to its potential on windows, i think most would be using it even if its install size is almost 3 times that of azureus just because of the simplicity and the ease of use and has no adware or the vuze crap.
We would be more than willing to add a Windows developer to our mix.. but unfortunately we rely on people volunteering and as such no one has stepped up to the plate.
loki

Post by loki »

True, I only suggested halite to create torrents, kinda like a torrent creating utility... then you can switch back over to deluge to actually seed it. And as a temporary option until deluge gets torrent creator back in.
bc90021
New User
New User

Post by bc90021 »

Anyone have an idea as to when 1.1 is due out? Deluge is -awesome- but not having the ability to create is a bit of a drawback...