Bandaid for sandvining?

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
fruitcake
New User
New User

Bandaid for sandvining?

Post by fruitcake »

After obviously getting sandvine implemented by comcast in my area I went from enormous trouble seeding with Azureus to not at all. Even implementing their strongest (level 5) encryption techniques and using the latest beta I was unable to seed at all. I even tried the wipfw thing.
I switched to Deluge and have been able to seed, but very intermittently.
I did just read of someone hitting "update tracker" and having their seed resume. I tried this and sure enough, you still get the up/down action as it speeds up and drops off in a span of about 20 seconds, but hitting "update tracker" will cause the seed to resume.

Are there any major cons to automating an "update tracker" command, though obviously not ideal, until something better comes along?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Bandaid for sandvining?

Post by andar »

Yes, you may find yourself being banned from the tracker for abuse.

The problem is, is that Comcast is sending RST packets, effectively 'reseting' the connection. This is why you are experiencing drops in the connection. There are ways to get around this by using a SSH tunnel among other methods.
MoJo

Re: Bandaid for sandvining?

Post by MoJo »

What will work for you is to use VPN tunnels, that can so far bypass Comcast. May I suggest Relakks to you, I believe for a one time payment of like ~$80USD you'll get a years worth of VPN access ... the speeds were okay like rough a max of 300KB/s. If you are expecting anything hire, then don't hold your breathe. In that case change ISP's all together, hope Comcast isn't the only option for you :) .

Relakks