0.6 Nightly Builds

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
spjakob

Re: 0.6 Nightly Builds

Post by spjakob »

I just do not have time to build this myselfe, but would like to try the 0.6 release.
I have a 64 bit installation and would like to know if someone is planning to do nightly builds for 64bit systems?
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

spjakob wrote:I just do not have time to build this myselfe, but would like to try the 0.6 release.
I have a 64 bit installation and would like to know if someone is planning to do nightly builds for 64bit systems?
You should be able to do a --force-arch (?) on the package.
paziek
New User
New User

Post by paziek »

I would like to test 0.6, but.. where do I find my current profile for 0.5.8.9 installed from SVN? ;O
And where are stored torrent files by default? I see that its some torrentfiles folder.. but where is it? :O
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

paziek wrote:I would like to test 0.6, but.. where do I find my current profile for 0.5.8.9 installed from SVN? ;O
And where are stored torrent files by default? I see that its some torrentfiles folder.. but where is it? :O
~/.config/deluge/torrentfiles

and your config is ~/.config/deluge
Drako60
New User
New User

Post by Drako60 »

I'm not sure exactly whats going on but i was unable to get 3188 to install x64 lenny, the error as follows

Code: Select all

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of deluge-torrent:
 deluge-torrent depends on python (<< 2.5); however:
  Version of python on system is 2.5.2-1.
I'm guessing this is do to having installed the python-all package which has the version 2.5.2-1, even though i have python5 version 2.5.2-6 installed, of course i had to use the --force-architecture in dpkg, other then missing deps this is the only full halt, even uninstall python-all did nothing for it.

I have been able to compile it so this is not a big problem for me.

I'll know more of how it goes in a few days.
spjakob

Post by spjakob »

andar wrote:
spjakob wrote:I just do not have time to build this myselfe, but would like to try the 0.6 release.
You should be able to do a --force-arch (?) on the package.
Well, the problem is that it seem to need i386 python libraries that only is availiable (installed) as x86-64 versions.

Is there any unofficial 64 bit builds somewhere?
brettalton

Post by brettalton »

Sorry for the newbish question, but in Ubuntu, after I install deluge-torrent-0.6, how do I actually run the program?

Code: Select all

$ deluge-torrent-0.6
bash: deluge-torrent-0.6: command not found
$ apt-cache policy deluge-torrent
deluge-torrent:
  Installed: 0.5.8.9-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 0.5.8.9-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 0.5.8.9-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hardy/universe Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$ apt-cache policy deluge-torrent-0.6
deluge-torrent-0.6:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.6~svn3272
  Version table:
     0.6~svn3272 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net hardy/main Packages
EDIT:: Oh wow, " Installed: (none)" might give it away! Turns out you have to run a "$ sudo aptitude purge deluge-torrent" before continuing. Can you add this to the first post? Maybe a command like "mv ~/.config/deluge ~/" would be good as well.

Also, if 0.5 and 0.6 aren't compatible, what about creating a new folder called ~/.config/deluge-0.6 in the Deluge 0.6 code and putting the preferences in there? That way, when 0.6 comes out, and a user rather use 0.5, his settings are saved after trying 0.6. It may not be that a user won't like it, but something could break as well. This way, he has a nice backup to work with. Then you can do that for all subsiquent releases (~/.config/deluge-0.7, ~/.config/deluge-0.8, etc.) What do you think?
loki

Post by loki »

Also, if 0.5 and 0.6 aren't compatible, what about creating a new folder called ~/.config/deluge-0.6 in the Deluge 0.6 code and putting the preferences in there? That way, when 0.6 comes out, and a user rather use 0.5, his settings are saved after trying 0.6. It may not be that a user won't like it, but something could break as well. This way, he has a nice backup to work with. Then you can do that for all subsiquent releases (~/.config/deluge-0.7, ~/.config/deluge-0.8, etc.) What do you think?
Sounds like a better idea.