Why I stopped working on the Deluge project

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
hirak99

Why I stopped working on the Deluge project

Post by hirak99 »

deadlikeoscar

Re: Why I stopped working on the Deluge project

Post by deadlikeoscar »

Personally, from looking at the screenshot, I liked the placement of the progress bar. If you look at uTorrent (which many of your users will be migrating from) you will see that the bar is in the same location. How about a compromise and let the user choose where they want it to be? Just make it a plugin and put the option in the preferences.
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

Too bad ,I liked your work.

When I visited #deluge for the first time(s) zachtib was there to answer some questions and encourage me, markybob, andar were a bit more defensive about good code .

But we all appreciate your work.
And yea, contributing to an open-source project, especially when it's in the core is difficult. Because the maintainers usually have high standards, and compare your code to all the thing's that are already in there ,criticize your code/functionality as hard as they do their own.

Reading the irc chat i do think markybob responded a bit harshly.
On chat or email you allways have to watch out when criticizing someone, and tell the good side too. In real life you have all the other visual etc queue's that make the meaning more clear.

please stay , or come back later ;D.
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
Lattyware
New User
New User

Post by Lattyware »

This is a shame. I very much like the idea you give, and it looks perfect the way it is shown.

Saying this, I think you have overreacted. I'm not saying I'd like what they had said, but it seems somewhat childish to refuse to work further on the project, just because of this, which I'm sure was not an intentional insult.

This is a community project, code is accepted based on the feel of it, not just because you put in effort. If you really want, you can fork the project and make deluge-pieces. I know this is stupid, that's the point.

I like the idea you put forward, and would love to see it implemented as shown in the screenshot. In fact, I'd like to see it implemented across all progress bars (The torrent selection bit, and files too) - but I still think you are overreacting.
--Lattyware