[Request] Choosing default location of torrent files

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
cynical
New User
New User

[Request] Choosing default location of torrent files

Post by cynical »

The 0.5.6 release of deluge is excellent. The only thing holding me back from using it at the moment is that I cannot choose a default directory to save torrents to in the preferences menu.

An "open file" dialog (seen in Azureus) would also be nice to have, but not necessary. Maybe one day when you run out of important things to do you could come back to it if you think it would be worth doing :)

I know you guys are busy so take your time, and thanks for providing Linux users with a plugin-based, bloat free, native bittorrent client.
eternalsword

Re: [Request] Choosing default location of torrent files

Post by eternalsword »

I don't want to seem rude, but did you really look in the preferences? It's the very first option. And if you want a temporary directory for partial downloads, then in that spot, set the partial download directory and then enable the Move Torrent plugin and set that to be the completed download directory. The partial and completed directories must be on the same partition, otherwise it will fail to move from the partial download directory.

Or did you mean the location of *.torrent files?
cynical
New User
New User

Post by cynical »

I meant for .torrent files, not the files I'm downloading. I like to share torrents with others and its much easier if I can choose where they go instead of having to go through a few hidden folders to find them.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

cynical wrote:I meant for .torrent files, not the files I'm downloading. I like to share torrents with others and its much easier if I can choose where they go instead of having to go through a few hidden folders to find them.
ah, ok. i honestly hadnt thought about this before. we'll have this in our next version :) thanks
cynical
New User
New User

Post by cynical »

Great! :D