Support for Ubuntu 24.04

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
eygraber
New User
New User

Support for Ubuntu 24.04

Post by eygraber »

Are there any plans for supporting Ubuntu 24.04 in the ppa? It was released today.
ambipro

Re: Support for Ubuntu 24.04

Post by ambipro »

I've mentioned this to Cas.
mhertz

Re: Support for Ubuntu 24.04

Post by mhertz »

Btw, currently no need because newest deluge release is already available in 24.04's own repos, and infact because of there naming-scheme of 2.1.2-dev0(packaging error) then would take precedense regardless, even if PPA was supported.

Anyway, in mean-time(thanks ambipro) then can still use said PPA regardless through editing installed source-list manully, or just install it anew:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository "deb https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/deluge-team/stable/ubuntu jammy main"
Where I format line manually while hardcoding version as 'jammy', as 'jammy'(22.04) is last supported version currently on that PPA, hence gets accepted as thinks a match. This usually works fine, and I just verified also now on an ubuntu 24.04 VM, though as said will not install from PPA anyway now, and so only useful upon next deluge update, but regardless, and so I forced it for testing with 'sudo apt install deluge*=2.1.1*'. You can remove your old not working "noble"(24.04) defined PPA if wanted with:

sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:deluge-team/ppa
Though not strictly needed, as just ignored.

If wanting remove the PPA added with workaround, then:

sudo add-apt-repository -r "deb https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/deluge-team/stable/ubuntu jammy main"
Edit: I forgot about the deluge develop PPA, though have same issue of deluge version lower than in 24.04's own repos(2.1.2* VS 2.1.1*), so have to be forced there too - of-course firstly also needs be forced regarding ubuntu version, just like the stable PPA, though see they support up to 23.10 there, so can add jammy or mantic as workaround there.