Test Active Ports

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
sparky70
New User
New User

Test Active Ports

Post by sparky70 »

I have entered into the settings my ports for incoming and outgoing, and also put in all the port forwarding into my modem, but no matter what I do, when I hit the 'Test Active Port' button I always get a triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I am downloading fine, but am not uploading as much as I would have thought. Any Ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Thank you
mhertz

Re: Test Active Ports

Post by mhertz »

Despite the deluge port check should be pretty accurate(tries bind socket(through php fsockopen) from deluge website to your ip:port), though just in case then Google "port check" and test one of these, with deluge(d) open(else will fail as none listening/answers request). If fails there, then you haven't setup port-forwarding properly and/or behind a cgnat network(IP different from Wan IP).

Btw, usually there's no good reason to change outgoing ports setting, and can just make issues if not knowing what you're doing exactly.
greg2step

Post by greg2step »

Check windows firewall. from my experience, works best if the inbound rule maps to the executable for deluge or deluged depending on if you are running thing client or standalone. Not the port number.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

greg2step wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:28 pm Check windows firewall. from my experience, works best if the inbound rule maps to the executable for deluge or deluged depending on if you are running thing client or standalone. Not the port number.
Strange, when I ran windows I generally found forwarding the port was more effective.

Whichever works, can always just disable windows firewall entirely and test to see if that's the root issue, and then fiddle with things until you get a working port.

Also, as stated, using random on outgoing is fine, outgoing needs no network configuration and is more or less unnecessary to specify specific ports.