[Plugin] SoloFolder

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Easygoing1
New User
New User

[Plugin] SoloFolder

Post by Easygoing1 »

For me personally, I like my torrent downloads folder to only contain sub-folders - one per torrent. However, Deluge only creates a sub-folder when a torrent has more than one file. Single-file torrents get placed in the root download folder. And, there is no option within Deluge to alter this behavior.

I searched for plugins that might do this for me, but finding none, I wrote this one

https://github.com/EasyG0ing1/SoloFolder

In Deluge 1.3, use the py2.7 egg file and install it through the preferences pane. It will work just fine.

For Deluge 2.0, use the py3.8 egg file and copy it manually into your plugins folder ~.config/deluge/plugins then restart deluge and your UI, then go into preferences and enable it.
Attachments
SoloFolder-1.0.0-py3.8.egg
(10.19 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
SoloFolder-0.0.1-py2.7.egg
(9.78 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Last edited by Easygoing1 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhertz

Re: [Plugin] SoloFolder

Post by mhertz »

There is Nofolder if I'm not mistaken, but regardless, thanks for the contribution :) Might wanna mention is a deluge v1.x plugin I'd suggest, well the filename eludes that already I guess. Thanks!
Easygoing1
New User
New User

Post by Easygoing1 »

mhertz wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:35 pm There is Nofolder if I'm not mistaken, but regardless, thanks for the contribution :) Might wanna mention is a deluge v1.x plugin I'd suggest, well the filename eludes that already I guess. Thanks!
NoFolder did a bit more than just create the single file folder ... and so it wasn't ideal for my needs.

Interesting you pointing out the 1.x issue ... I'm new to Deluge and I'm running it on a cloud server that I pay monthly for some drive space and an account. Their scripts install Deluge on the server, so I had just assumed it was the newest version and didn't bother to check. But I will install the newest version on a VM and compile the plugin for that as well.

May as well be thorough in my opinion ...

:-)
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Sounds good man, would be nice to see something for 2.x
Easygoing1
New User
New User

Post by Easygoing1 »

ambipro wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:33 am Sounds good man, would be nice to see something for 2.x
Well ... we have a Deluge 2 working plugin ... it just wont install through the preferences pane and you have to drop it into the plugins folder then restart ... but it does work... I added it to the top post.