deluged not working for me

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Berghutze
New User
New User

deluged not working for me

Post by Berghutze »

Hi all,

hopefully you guys can help me..... I have no clue. First of all: I am not a linux crack, but I managed to install deluged and deluged-console under raspbian buster (headless). This worke for ages but after the last buster update deluged stopped working. I tried to reinstall under buster and bullseye but always the same problem: I start deluge-console but it is giving me a console that doesn't look like the one I had when it was working. Anyway after opening deluge-console it crashes with a lot of messsages all related to python 3. I also tried it on a laptop with ubuntu mate; same result.

Help would be really appreciated
Thank you
Berghutze
Berghutze
New User
New User

Re: deluged not working for me

Post by Berghutze »

Update: I manage to dl the newest verion of deluged and deluge-console V 2.2.1. What I see there is the host 127.0.0.1 online. But where can I enter the values like: config -s allow_remote True and config allow_remote exit?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Perhaps providing us with the logs of these error messages would be helpful? :-/
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Good I rechecked back here, as was just about fire up a VM and find/test a buster/bullseye docker image :) As ambipro stated, logs helpful of-course, just thought earlier might as well myself check it later, as where issues before I remember, which I reported and Cas made several fixes.

Anyway, you can still run those commands, it's just a rewritten consoleUI in contrary to deluge 1.3.15 in buster(though 2.0.3 in bullseye). There's only a select few issues i'm aware off with current version, regarding consoleUI, and not with that you post.

If running only 'deluge-console'(so interactive/curses mode), then can press return if deluged/consoleUI running under same user, or else you follow directions on-screen and press 'a' to add a host with user/pass etc. Then when connected can use the updated curses UI(mimicked GTK-UI) or press 'l' and use the old console based cli environment.

Alternatively, you can use the consoleUI non-interactively, so add args to deluge-console command directly, which is same as logging in and pressing 'l', so e.g. 'deluge-console config -s allow_remove True' etc, or prepending connect command and semicolon etc.

If running deluged under deluge user, then can also just start deluge-console though 'sudo -u deluge deluge-console', so can press retrun to connect immidiately, without user/pass addition, or alternatively can use '-c' arg to point to deluged profile dir, e.g. 'deluge-console -c /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge' etc. Or last can copy I believe auth and hostlist.conf(for both support interactive and non-interactive modes with auto-login) from deluged profile dir(e.g. from the deluge user) into own user deluge profile dir.

Hope helps.
Berghutze
New User
New User

Post by Berghutze »

Thank you but I found out sth else: With the version 2.1.1 it seems to work. But to get this version I need to add the ppa and I am to stupid to do that under raspbian. Can s.o. help me with that? Again thanks in advance