Labels - Check before downloading in completed folder

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
miitchel
New User
New User

Labels - Check before downloading in completed folder

Post by miitchel »

Hi, so I'm running into something I want to have different. Right now I'm using the Labels plugin, when a torrent gets added, it will apply a label and it starts downloading in a temporary download folder, and when it's done, it checks in the completed folder if it exists there, if not it moves, it throws the temp downloaded files away.

What I want:
When I add a torrent, I want it to apply the label and then check in the completed folder if those files already exist there, before downloading. So that when I add a torrent it doesn't download for nothing.

Maybe it's a configuration issue, maybe it's a permissions issue, but maybe it's just something that doesn't exist.
I'd really appreciate the help!
ambipro

Re: Labels - Check before downloading in completed folder

Post by ambipro »

Sounds like this belongs in the plugins as a request, or maybe in development as a feature request/bug-ish type of thing. It would make sense for it to not check temporary but completed. I don't use this so I'm not sure if that's to be expected.

Maybe someone else can chime in if there is a workaround or what..
miitchel
New User
New User

Re: Labels - Check before downloading in completed folder

Post by miitchel »

ambipro wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:10 pmIt would make sense for it to not check temporary but completed. I don't use this so I'm not sure if that's to be expected.
It's more that i come from qBit and it's built-in that you can download in temp folder and it automatically goes to destination folder and it checks if your files are in the destination folder before downloading to the temp folder. I like that a lot because it saves me ratio on private trackers. So I hoped it would be a standard thing in Deluge too. I just like Deluge a lot more for the other features but this is something I really need..