Created torrent doesnt seed

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
dirtyshit
New User
New User

Created torrent doesnt seed

Post by dirtyshit »

Hello there,

I've created my first torrent but it doesnt seed. The torrent is in the errors menu in deluge and the tracker status is Error: timed out. How can I find what is the issue and correct it?

Also, I've seen here some discussions on ports etc. Deluge is seeding other torrents not created by me. Others torrents work fine, just mines is the problem.

Any help?
ambipro

Re: Created torrent doesnt seed

Post by ambipro »

The first thing I would check is if you somehow copied the tracker URL wrong (announce URL) during torrent creation.

Also, are you seeding other torrents to the same tracker? If so my first guess seems likely.

Usually, you would have to download your torrent from the tracker AFTER uploading it. You don't just try and seed your created one in most cases.
dirtyshit
New User
New User

Post by dirtyshit »

I copied pasted the tracker for others torrents.

I havent uploaded the torrent anywhere yet. I just put it in deluge, it found the files, and I sent the torrent to another friend to check if he can download it.

Do I have to upload the torrent somewhere first in order to be able to be downloaded?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Yes you can't just use a tracker you haven't uploaded the torrent to...that's not how this works

You should try and google "How do I upload a torrent to a tracker" or something...
dirtyshit
New User
New User

Post by dirtyshit »

Still didnt work. I uploded it but the file doesnt even load to deluge from the magnet link. It says unalbe to downlaod file for this magnet. Any other suggestions?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

I'm not sure what suggestions I can give, as I don't know which torrent site or their infrastructure or anything. You don't have to use a tracker, but you implied that was how you wanted to do it to begin with.

This isn't really something wrong with Deluge, but more the way you are trying to do this. I've successfully created and uploaded numerous torrents with Deluge alone.

If you want to create a 'trackerless' torrent, I think as long as you have DHT enabled in preferences (network section) and create the torrent without any trackers and have private UNCHECKED, you should be able to just right click the seeding torrent and copy magnet URI and give that to anyone.

I haven't done this personally, but did some quick googling just now.