Torrents paused unable to resume

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ambipro

Re: Torrents paused unable to resume

Post by ambipro »

Glad to hear it, I make daily backups of my state folder, that way if this ever happens I have a backup.

It's usually fastresume and state that cause this.

Torrent files are small, and it can save a lot of headache, so I'd recommend setting something up on a crontab.
reukiodo
New User
New User

Post by reukiodo »

My torrents.state file was ~12M, and torrents.fastresume was ~8.3M.

Can I re-import the torrents from this /var/lib/deluged/config/state/ folder? I don't seem to have all of the originals archived.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

You can load the torrents from there yes. I don't know if simply placing them in your current state folder would work, I suggest setting up AutoAdd plugin for a watch folder, and moving them into the folder in batches that are manageable. If you do 2k at once, it will likely just lock Deluge up for a long time while it tries.

You will probably want to "Skip Hash Check" so that they don't automatically start downloading as well. Issue torrents will Error instead, and you can deal with them individually if necessary. (Look at the hash in the details tab, and find that hash in your old state folder if you need to reload the torrent)

If your folder structure isn't a flat one, and you had things moved to folders, something like autotorrent2 with the -e parameter would match exact paths. There's a little bit of a setup process that might be confusing, but if you need something to match nested folders or whatever, that would be what I recommend.

I'm available on discord if that's the method you want to try and need some help. If so, PM me here and we can sort it out.
reukiodo
New User
New User

Post by reukiodo »

Ah, that's why deluge keeps crashing... I've dumped all the 2k+ torrents into the autoadd folder in a single go and deluge just repeatedly crashes over and over and over.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Yea that's kind of what I was alluding to lol
reukiodo
New User
New User

Post by reukiodo »

deluge hasn't given me this many problems before, but then again I haven't tried to add all 2k+ torrents in a single go before.., just kind of built up over time

Are there known limits for deluge? I generally run with everything unlimited (-1 configs) to disable all the limiters and share forever. It's on a modern debian (testing) install on a relatively modern system (Ryxen 2nd gen I think) with tons of disk and ram available.
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

I don't think you're anywhere close to the limits....but if you added 2k torrents to any client all at once, it is going to screw things up.

Edit: I personally don't run unlimited connections/s - and I have gbit. It shouldn't crash or anything, you just might experience some short bursts of lag when you launch Deluge and it announces to 2k torrents.