Is it possible to seed with Deluge in internal network?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mhertz

Re: Is it possible to seed with Deluge in internal network?

Post by mhertz »

Good job, and thanks for posting your implementation details - also sorry couldn't help you with any of it, did read it all, but way over my head honestly, hence didn't respond when no help to offer.

Openvpn is slower than wireguard as you say, but i'm pretty sure I previously seen max my connection out at 20-30MiB/s before, in earlier VPN subscription, so millage varies(and maybe because UDP in openvpn), but wireguard preferred if possible of-course.

The incomming socks5 support, was removed in libtorrent 1.1.13 I believe, because didn't work in practise, because as you say the BIND semantics, and was just a test, which failed. It wasen't about privacy though. It still works at times for utp, pex and dht obtained peers, because retains your udp port, or something, he stated when I asked him about it once.

I haven't followed libtorrent development so much lately, but now see in changelog that e.g. in libtorrent 2.0.8, but not sure if unrelated:

"support incoming SOCKS5 packets with hostnames as source address, for UDP trackers"

Also:

"improve compatibility of SOCKS5 UDP ASSOCIATE", as I remember you mentioned before problematic I believe.

Anyway, above irrelevant now for you of-course - kudos for your project and work again :)
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Congrats, sorry I couldn't be of more assistance than I was.

Sadly, an incredibly specific and custom setup that you are intimately familiar with will always leave you being the best one to solve it.

Glad some of what I was able to say was a little useful :)
FishBoneEK

Post by FishBoneEK »

@mhertz Thanks ;)

@ambipro Nah you helped me than you think you did, ltconfig is pretty crucial (nice plugin by the way), and your advice about VPN kept me going: I asked the same question on the other forum but got no good answers, I was scratching my head back then. I might had tried more radical solutions or workarounds if I didn't reach here.

Thanks you two!