Deluge not adding torrents via magnet links

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
FartsUnited
New User
New User

Deluge not adding torrents via magnet links

Post by FartsUnited »

I’m currently on the Imac (latest OS) using Deluge (latest version) as my preferred client - it just seems so much faster than (say) Transmission, which has recently been struggling to connect to other people.

The only problem is: Deluge appears to have issues with magnet links. Although the client *will* open when you click a magnet, the link/torrent doesn’t automatically get added to the downloads. So I have to copy the magnet link and manually enter it into the client via the add torrent popup. I have RSI, making this literally painful for me.

Is there anyway around this? I just want Delude to automatically recognise a magnet link and add it to my downloads.

I’d appreciate detailed instructions if possible (or a link to a video and/or article explaining what to do).

thanks
FartsUnited
New User
New User

Re: Deluge not adding torrents via magnet links

Post by FartsUnited »

Thanks for all your help guys - it was most appreciated. :lol:
ambipro

Re: Deluge not adding torrents via magnet links

Post by ambipro »

FartsUnited wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:36 pm Thanks for all your help guys - it was most appreciated. :lol:
Unfortunately, there is no real Mac community surrounding Deluge here, I'd assume because there is no official Mac package for current versions.

I'm not sure what version you're running, "latest version," but you should specify that.

I can't really help you, though, since I've never owned a Mac, but it's not that there is a lack of people willing to try and help here. It's just that it's Mac, and most here are not using Mac for deluge.

It sounds more like a problem with the handling of the magnet not being appropriately passed maybe, since deluge does pop up.

Sorry I couldn't provide you better assistance.