Deluge 2.1.1 corrupted files

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Harkonnen
New User
New User

Deluge 2.1.1 corrupted files

Post by Harkonnen »

Around three month ago i finally updated from deluge 1.3.15 to 2.x branch, and now i ran into an issue

I have discovered that some of the files downloaded in that three month are ended up been corrupt. Force rechecking all torrents showed that from ~150 torrents totaling ~3TB and ~4k files , there was 14 cases of corruption. So it doesnt happen very often, but not that rare either.

I am using Deluge 2.1.1 with libtorrent 1.2.16.0. Torrents are downloaded to local hard drive, and then transferred to NAS on completion. I dont known if corruption happened during download phase, or during transfer. I have never had such issue with 1.3.x branch, server that runs deluge and NAS are exactly the same, both software and hardware, no updates to OS happened on both.
ambipro

Re: Deluge 2.1.1 corrupted files

Post by ambipro »

I'd be more suspect of the transferring from the local to NAS than anything else. When you download a torrent, the data you send is supposed to be verified by a hash. If this is corrupted during download it will redownload those pieces, this is why you sometimes download more than the size of the torrent's data.

What are you using for transferring, just regular SMB or something?
Harkonnen
New User
New User

Post by Harkonnen »

SSHFS. like i said, i never had this issue with 1.3.x in like ten years i used it with this exact setup, so its very unlikely that something is happened on filesystem level.
Harkonnen
New User
New User

Post by Harkonnen »

False alarm, seems to be some (memory?) issue on server that runs deluge that manifested around same time as deluge update, i was able to get corrupted files by just copying some large data around on local hdd