Mass move torrents to new storage

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Aeit
New User
New User

Mass move torrents to new storage

Post by Aeit »

Hello,
I have over 1000 torrents on 3 drives and would like to move all of them to my new HDD without losing seeds.
There's only move storage but it's tedious and would like take weeks to move them manually.
Anyone have ideas how to sort that the fastest way?
Is there any plugin?
BottleNeck

Re: Mass move torrents to new storage

Post by BottleNeck »

As far as i know there is no good way to do this currently.

Check this recent topic:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56107&start=10
Aeit
New User
New User

Post by Aeit »

Looks like there's a script for uTorrent that solves moving and location issues. Time to switch I guess
https://forum.utorrent.com/topic/89013- ... g-torrent/
BottleNeck

Post by BottleNeck »

good for you if you can do that :) Personally i have renamed to many files to start a migration :)
jacko

Post by jacko »

Deluge-gtk's move is not smart. Rather than queuing and moving one at a time, it moves all selected torrents together. HDs (and most file systems) do not like that.

I wrote a python script that moves one torrent at a time from a specified "from" location to "to" location. It uses deluge-console underneath. I am happy to share it if you still need. Though, it is a somewhat make shift script (not very well documented, has no test suite etc) and it'll be as-is (no or very limited support). It does the job though and you can further customize if you know some python.
jacko

Post by jacko »

Attached zip contains the main script deluge_move_v0.2.py and its two small dependencies. Please extract them all in a directory and run like this:

Code: Select all

~/bin/deluge_move_v0.2.py --deluge_host 192.168.1.9 --deluge_port 48886 --FROM /home/myuser/Downloads --TO /mynas/somefolder
It moves torrents residing at 'FROM' to 'TO', one at a time.

Deluge username is hardcoded in deluge_move_v0.2.py , in line 15. Please update it before running.
Attachments
deluge_mover.zip
(4.3 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

@jacko, Sorry buddy, it's a bot, but kind of you, thanks! Ambipro called it firstly, but I was too hesitant/cautious initially(proof), but now beginning to piss me off honestly :)
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

I didn't have the heart to tell him, but yea. Sorry bro. Good work on the script though all the same :) Thanks for uploading.