[SOLVED] - web.conf sessions

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

[SOLVED] - web.conf sessions

Post by shinger »

Hi guys,

If i look at web.conf file the amount of sessions is just getting out of hand. Is there maybe a options that i am missing? Old sessions are not being deleted but instead just a new sessions is being add to it.

I have looked if i could maybe find other threads talking about it, but so far i have not found any.

Anybody any ideas?
Last edited by shinger on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
ambipro

Re: web.conf sessions

Post by ambipro »

I believe this should reset every time you restart deluge, mine is about 10 sessions right now...I currently have sonarr, radarr, and thin client. My deluge has been online for just over 24 hours though.

I don't know why this would matter, though...how often are you reading the config files? and why?

If you think you may be compromised, change your password in auth file...
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Re: web.conf sessions

Post by shinger »

ambipro wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:10 pm I believe this should reset every time you restart deluge, mine is about 10 sessions right now...I currently have sonarr, radarr, and thin client. My deluge has been online for just over 24 hours though.

I don't know why this would matter, though...how often are you reading the config files? and why?

If you think you may be compromised, change your password in auth file...
Interesting line "I believe this should reset every time you restart deluge....". Then that makes sense, as my deluge-daemon really is just on 24/7.

Well about reading config files i now and then experience that deluge-web changes the notifications settings. For example i have my gmail account configured that it should send me a email when a torrent has been finished. However it removes the receiving email address, what type of notification and port. So far i have not managed to find out where the problem is coming from. So that is the reason that i go and read config files "very often".

But thanks for pointing out the reason web.conf is filling up.
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [SOLVED] - web.conf sessions

Post by shinger »

laurawade wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:15 pm
shinger wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:02 pm Hi guys,

If i look at web.conf file the amount of sessions is just getting out of hand. Is there maybe a options that i am missingangry gran? Old sessions are not being deleted but instead just a new sessions is being add to it.

I have looked if i could maybe find other threads talking about it, but so far i have not found any.

Anybody any ideas?
You can check the age of a file and delete if it’s older than x days/minutes whatever. You can use the following command to delete old session files from custom set session folder:

Code: Select all

cd /path/to/sessions; find -cmin +24 | xargs rm
This command will delete files that are older than 24 minutes. You can change the time according to your needs.
What do you mean by this? "custom set session folder". Are we able to create a custom session folder?
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

They mean change /path/to/sessions in their example command with yours, however, this is an "AI" chat bot style spam bot and there are ways you can tell.

Myself and mhertz are working to delete these posts as they flood here, but this one slipped by. I've reported the post.

This information is useless and incorrect, the bot is just spitting out random nonsense to make posts.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Done, and thanks buddy, much appreciate your help as always! :)