Unable to connect to deluge daemon

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
vipps
New User
New User

Unable to connect to deluge daemon

Post by vipps »

Hello i am new to both ubuntu and deluge and i am having issues with connecting to my deluge daemon on my ubuntu server 18.04. When i fill in the required fields (Hostname, port, user and password) in my deluge client on my windows 10 machine the status does not change from Red to Green and i am not able to connect. Ive tried to both search this forum and using Google and i still can not find any solution.

I have followed these guides on how to setup a headless Deluge daemon on my ubuntu server:
https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ThinClient
https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... rvice.html

I don't know if this is relevant but i tough you should know in case. When i try to use deluge-console it wants me to select host, the host available is 127.0.0.1:58846 [Online]. I have tried to press enter and nothing happens so i can not change the allow_remote value from there.
Then i tried to login to deluge user with this command "su --shell /bin/bash --login deluge" to manually edit the core.conf file and i am asked to enter a password, according to the guides i have followed the deluge user does not have a password, and when i try to use various passwords i have used on my server nothing works including leaving it blank.
Then i successfully edited the core.conf file located in /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/.core.conf using this command "sudo nano /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/.core.conf"

Please help me! If you have any questions regarding further information, please also include the commands required to get that information seeing as im new to linux.
Shryp

Re: Unable to connect to deluge daemon

Post by Shryp »

Are both computers running the save version of deluge? Note that deluge 1.3.15 and 2.0.3 are not compatible with each other.

On linux you can use the command "deluged -v" to get the version number. On Windows you can probably just open deluge and see the version number under Help->About.
boredazfcuk

Re: Unable to connect to deluge daemon

Post by boredazfcuk »

You need to edit your core.conf file and change:

Code: Select all

"allow_remote": false,
to

"allow_remote": true,
then restart the deluge daemon.

If your ubuntu server has a firewall blocking incoming connections you'll need to allow traffic from your local network to access port 58846.

You should be able to add the rule by sticking:

LANIP="$(hostname -i)"
LANIPSUBNET="$(ip -4 r | grep "${LANIP}" | awk '{print $1}')"
LANADAPTER="$(ip a | grep ens[0-9]+*$ | awk '{print $8}')"
iptables -A INPUT -i "${LANADAPTER}" -s "${LANIPSUBNET}" -d "${LANIP}" -p tcp --dport 58846 -j ACCEPT
into a script and running that script with sudo