Changed user password, deluged hasn't worked since

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
djmattb241
New User
New User

Changed user password, deluged hasn't worked since

Post by djmattb241 »

Hi all,

I've been banging my head against this for like a week now. I had deluge, with the daemon, the GTK UI, and the web console, installed and working great. Then I changed the password on my user account on the raspberry pi, and now when I try to connect to the CLI, I get: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Username does not exist.

Due to messing around with trying to solve this, I have nuked the contents of ~/.config/deluge/, including auth. Before I deleted it, I got "Password does not match" or something similar.

Anyway, I'll answer any questions you have, please help! I'm extremely frustrated. It was JUST working! Stupid password change.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Changed user password, deluged hasn't worked since

Post by shamael »

Hi djmattb241

Do you still have copy to the problematic Deluge profile for testing purpose? did you tried to launch the deluge-console with the daemon"s user (sudo -u $user deluge-console)
You can always rename the profile, start deluge so a new one is created, then stop it and copy the "state" folder content to bring back the seeding torrents in the interface.
Tvich

Post by Tvich »

You have deluged installed on a pi, right?
Did you follow any guides or instructions?

Also when you say "CLI", what do you mean by that? deluge-console?
Web console is probably web-interface (deluge-web)?

Most likely you are messing up deluged user/config locations, but I'm not certain, since you are all over the place. Chill!
djmattb241
New User
New User

Post by djmattb241 »

shamael wrote:Hi djmattb241

Do you still have copy to the problematic Deluge profile for testing purpose? did you tried to launch the deluge-console with the daemon"s user (sudo -u $user deluge-console)
You can always rename the profile, start deluge so a new one is created, then stop it and copy the "state" folder content to bring back the seeding torrents in the interface.
I'll check this out tonight. When you say rename the profile, you mean the user profile on the computer, right? Not some profile inside of deluge? Thanks!
Tvich wrote:You have deluged installed on a pi, right?
Did you follow any guides or instructions?

Also when you say "CLI", what do you mean by that? deluge-console?
Web console is probably web-interface (deluge-web)?

Most likely you are messing up deluged user/config locations, but I'm not certain, since you are all over the place. Chill!
Haha working on it. :) It's one of those things where I broke it by changing the password, and then did some searching and tried a half dozen fixes. So when it comes time to break down and actually ask, I have to go "this broke, and I've done this, and this, and this, and this, and now things are in THIS state..." etc.

Anyway, yes. Installed on a pi. I followed this guide: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient originally, which worked great. And then I changed the "pi" user's password, and now here I am.

And yeah, CLI = deluge-console. Sorry.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

If you followed the mentioned guide I guess you made the systemd service too http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... ce/systemd
If so Deluge is started automatically by service and the profile resides in /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge
this command displays any output?

Code: Select all

sudo ls -al /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge
Considering a yes and with Deluge service down you can rename /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge and start the service again. A new folder /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge will be created. If you stop again the service and copy the folder /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/state to the newly created profile all torrents seeding will be back.
djmattb241
New User
New User

Post by djmattb241 »

Alright. I stopped the service with

sudo systemctl stop deluged
, renamed

/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge
Then I added my login to the auth file in /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge like so:

pi:(password):10
Now when I try to launch deluge-console, I get: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: connection refused.

Any ideas? :\

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by djmattb241 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You stopped the service with the start command? Did you restart the service before trying to connect?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Regarding the relevant prior comment what about:

sudo bash
sudo -u deluge deluge-console
djmattb241
New User
New User

Post by djmattb241 »

Shryp wrote:You stopped the service with the start command? Did you restart the service before trying to connect?
Ugh, I pasted wrong. Edited. I stopped it with the stop command. And yeah, restarted the service. See below. :)
shamael wrote:Regarding the relevant prior comment what about:

sudo bash
sudo -u deluge deluge-console
I did that, and it opened, which was neat. But then I rebooted to test it, and if I open the console now it says Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Password does not match.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Was the Deluge service started automatically at the reboot and running under the under "deluge"?

sudo systemctl status deluged
to check