Connecting to peers takes a long time

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
SeriousHoax

Re: Connecting to peers takes a long time

Post by SeriousHoax »

mhertz wrote:Thanks mate, I appreciate it and you're of course most welcome and i'm glad your issue hopefully is resolved now :)
Haha thanks :) But here I'm again to disturb u. Actually I think, maybe Announce all trackers option is not working. Still connecting to just 1 tracker 8-)
Check the attachments please.
Attachments
delu.jpg
delu.jpg (18.96 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
delu 2.jpg
delu 2.jpg (24.73 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

No disturbance :) Hmm, it's hard to say because some torrents only have 1 or 2 trackers and others have a bunch. When there are several trackers it is also usual that some of them fail for various reasons, e.g. overloaded or offline etc. If the torrent/magnet you used only had two trackers in it, then it is working and just one of the trackers failed to report back in time so timed-out/failed.

If you wanna trouble-shoot it further to make sure, then you can try again with logging enabled and paste the log here or to me in PM if you prefer, so I can see if it connects to both trackers at a time(and one fails) or just one, and then moves over to the next only if that fails. The log will be on the desktop afterwards and named deluge.log.

Press win+R and copy/paste the following followed by return:

"%ProgramFiles%\Deluge\deluge-debug.exe" -L error -l "%UserProfile%\Desktop\deluge.log"

In this specific incidence though, if it's correct that the torrent only has 2 trackers, then the announce_to_all_trackers option doesn't change anything really, since of the two trackers only one works/replies, unless it was just overworked previously.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Hi guys,

So far I remember (dig it but not configured yet) there are 2 options for multiple trackers:
1/ announce to all trackers: works if all trackers are in the same tiers (the number prior the tracker)
2/ announce to all tiers: works for the first tracker in each tier, so if multiple "1", "2", etc. Only the first of each tier is announced

My idea was to set both to true, so all trackers should be announced in all tiers but a test is needed.
SeriousHoax

Post by SeriousHoax »

mhertz wrote:No disturbance :) Hmm, it's hard to say because some torrents only have 1 or 2 trackers and others have a bunch. When there are several trackers it is also usual that some of them fail for various reasons, e.g. overloaded or offline etc. If the torrent/magnet you used only had two trackers in it, then it is working and just one of the trackers failed to report back in time so timed-out/failed.

If you wanna trouble-shoot it further to make sure, then you can try again with logging enabled and paste the log here or to me in PM if you prefer, so I can see if it connects to both trackers at a time(and one fails) or just one, and then moves over to the next only if that fails. The log will be on the desktop afterwards and named deluge.log.

Press win+R and copy/paste the following followed by return:

"%ProgramFiles%\Deluge\deluge-debug.exe" -L error -l "%UserProfile%\Desktop\deluge.log"

In this specific incidence though, if it's correct that the torrent only has 2 trackers, then the announce_to_all_trackers option doesn't change anything really, since of the two trackers only one works/replies, unless it was just overworked previously.
Ok. But how to enable logging? It's turned off I think.
btw, if i right click on the torrent and click edit tracker then it shows 11 trackers in the list for this torrent. But only 1 is showed on the left like the screenshot I gave you in my previous reply.
SeriousHoax

Post by SeriousHoax »

shamael wrote:Hi guys,

So far I remember (dig it but not configured yet) there are 2 options for multiple trackers:
1/ announce to all trackers: works if all trackers are in the same tiers (the number prior the tracker)
2/ announce to all tiers: works for the first tracker in each tier, so if multiple "1", "2", etc. Only the first of each tier is announced

My idea was to set both to true, so all trackers should be announced in all tiers but a test is needed.
ok now I enabled announce to all tiers too
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Hi Shamael :) Yeah, qbittorrent also sets both these when enabling to use all trackers(I could see from the source). The thing you describe is exactly how I also interpreted the libtorrent docs also, though I have tested it out, and the announce_to_all_trackers does it all by itself i.e. both all tiers and all trackers from each tier, though it doesn't hurt to add the tier option, but just don't change anything.

SeriousHoax, Sorry - if you open a terminal(windows command prompt) by pressing windows key + R(I believe, not using windows for years) and then running the command line I previously posted(just copy/paste it), then deluge should start with logging enabled and when quitting deluge then there's a logfile named deluge.log on the desktop. I took the commandline from the deluge FAQ so I hope nothings changed in regards to path and executable-name etc.

Ohh, there's 11 trackers in the torrent, cool, good test case then :)
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Hi mhertz ;)

Thx for the tip. When (if) the time will come I will first try announce_to_all_trackers only so this can be confirmed :). I've first to deal with the damn 650 torrents max limit prior UI disconnection :p
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

You're welcome mate :) When I enabled announce_to_all_trackers then I also wanted to add the tier option too, but didn't because I checked the log(I use the console-client) and saw that the single option made deluge(libtorrent) connect to all trackers and tiers in parallel and use all that replied back. The doc suggests otherwise though, I agree. Later I also found a libtorrent-mailinglist-post by arvid which helped another guy with this and stated to him to use the tier option for utorrent behavour and the other option for all trackers in the torrent(meaning tiers and all). Both options break multi-tracker spec though, but since utorrent does it also, then why should libtorrent hold back, and even included a more spec-breaking option, lol. Actually in former deluge/libtorrent versions, then this option only worked for torrents and not for magnets(just one tracker used), though currently it's fixed i'm happy about.

Hope you get your big issue fixed, more importantly of course.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

;)
the good point: I don't need to dig deeper, it seems the multi tracker is answered whenever I want to implement it.

Yeah, my issue has already a ticket on my name. Maybe you face or hear anything about it (let's give me a try lol)
Above ~650 torrents the UI (web/gtk) becomes unreliable (disconnection). This happen with only one torrent added above the limit, remove it solve the issue. I'm using an RPI3 hence its limitations but I cannot pinpoint anything to explain it (cpu/mem/tcp dealy/IO/etc etc). The RPC call to te daemon is "dropped" somehow, but the deluge-console is never affected.

EDIT: I guess not the right topic sorry but had to tell about it :p
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry to hear that, that's really frustrating I can imagine and not just a little thing to ignore. Hope the ticket helps and if I ever hear something related to help, then i'll sure drop you a line of course.