will i loose torrents after reinstallation?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
user3948
New User
New User

will i loose torrents after reinstallation?

Post by user3948 »

hi,
so i had this problem with utorrent and instread of troubleshooting, i decided to bypass it all together by trying deluge...
so i install deluge and find i need to troubleshoot a new problem because deluge can't get hold of magnet link file type association, magnets still go through utorrent
troubleshooting is unavoidable so i search the internet to find the registy key value responsible, change it etc, all done
but then i realise there is another problem, lack of language setting
so again, following guides in order to get a shortcut go through cmd, set the lang environment variable to en etc
only to find that after all that, deluge.exe (not the shortcut) can't open at all now, well done me...

all i want to do is download two/three torrents and after a day and a half, i m still unable to do that
you can see how increasingly ridiculous this is getting, and i would really appreciate your help

os - windows - 7
torrent client - deluge - 1.3.12.1 x32

should i just reinstall deluge on top of the current installation (i mean without uninstalling)?
will i loose the torrents i've already added? i tried to get the logger to work but im doing something wrong
thank you
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: will i loose torrents after reinstallation?

Post by Cas »

You won't lose anything reinstalling deluge. The faq details where the files are stored
user3948
New User
New User

Post by user3948 »

i reinstalled, then i unistalled and reinstalled but deluge.exe still won't open
i found online a cmd command in order to get a log but there is nothing in it
anyway, way too much effort, thnx btw
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You could try updating. 1.3.15 is the current version. You appear to be trying to use 1.3.12. You will probably get a libtorrent upgrade that way as well. I would uninstall what you have now. You are probably using a python 2.6 version and the new ones are python 2.7. I believe I had an issue when I tried to switch python versions and required an uninstall.
user3948
New User
New User

Post by user3948 »

thnx, no it's not that, i already tried 1.3.15 but it was my mistake, i didn't understand that the variables i had to mess with in order to set the language are stored in the os which means they affect the executable permanently and not just the shortcut
anyway, encryption yes, but the program is light years behind, i knew it has far less functionality than utorrent in sorting, labeling, transfering, information and i would tolerate that but if i have to spend 2 days reading and troubleshooting in order to set file associations and language then i can't image what else im in for with deluge, it's just not worth it, im having a rare problem, some kind of conflict with utorrent, but i guess i'll just have to live with that, thnx again