FreeBSD jailed - downloading doesn't start!

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Psyloh
New User
New User

FreeBSD jailed - downloading doesn't start!

Post by Psyloh »

Hi,
I have deluge 1.3.14 with libtorrent 1.1.2.0 as the only application installed along with its dependencies in a jail at 10.0.0.2!
I connect to it through the built-in deluge_web json app!
I tried to add this overseeded torrent magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0a84cfa3c0165a72ed554cad2de51b91bea9904c&dn=FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE-amd64-dvd1.iso but the download never starts...
Since I am using PF as my server's firewall, I disabled all blockages and set up redirection rules for ports 6881 to 6891 from my public ip to 10.0.0.2!
I also started deluged with the flag -i 10.0.0.2 as I guess this is probably mandatory..! All outgoing traffic from 10.0.0.2 is, of course, nated!

When I restart deluged, the web ui prints positive diminishing dl speed as if deluge is pretending to work until that speed goes down to zero...
In the core.conf file, "/Downloads" is set as the directory where things should get downladed but it doesn't exists anywhere! I don't even know whether it will be auto-generated or if I have to create it myself..! And where to create it?? In the home of the deluge-user?

I would like to know if it exists explanations with examples about core.conf variables so I could tweak it myself with full knowledge of what I'm doing?
Psyloh
New User
New User

Re: FreeBSD jailed - downloading doesn't start!

Post by Psyloh »

I don't really know the exact process of bitorrent protocol but I guess nat is enough to download since deluged is supposed to open tcp connections to other bitorrent clients in order to grab file parts... So I just can't imagine why it's not working!!
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Hi,

Most tutorial will advise to change the default port to avoid ISP throttling, so for example set 56000 as incoming and 57000-57020 as outgoing port. About the folder you can create it whereever you want, just be sure the user has the correct access to it. The default one "download" should be in the home folder of the user daemon run with.

If possible test your setup with a public torrent, ubuntu default site has some if needed and without PF. When the setup is functional add the PF layer make it easier to pinpoint any issue.
Psyloh
New User
New User

Post by Psyloh »

As I said in my post, I am trying to dl a public freebsd torrent...
I am tweaking a private server from online.net, there is no throttling!
I set the download folder as the home of the deluge user...
My jail's ip is not public : 10.0.0.2 -> I need PF to nat and redirect the traffic!
All outgoing traffic is permitted and I am redirecting incoming traffic through the right ports!!

Do I have to tweak "listening interface"? Is it possible to get some proper doc about the configuration?????????????????
leonardpin
New User
New User

Post by leonardpin »

I am having the same problem.
I am using FreeNAS 11.1 U4 and a iocage jail with FreeNAS 11.1-RELEASE.
I install everything and receive no error messages. But, the downloads never start.