Deluge 1.3.14 can't connect to deluged

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sterling1138
New User
New User

Deluge 1.3.14 can't connect to deluged

Post by sterling1138 »

Hi all,

I had this with 1.3.12 - upgraded to 14 to see if it helps (no luck).

I upgraded my seeder box yesterday (to Ubuntu Server 16.10). Everything, including deluge, worked perfectly.

Then I rebooted in order to move the computer to the computer room.

Ever since then, deluge... doesn't work. The daemon starts, and *seems* to be running just fine, but deluge-web says it's offline, and deluge-console just... sits there. Nothing in the logs. I changed it to debug, and it gives a lot more information on startup... but then nothing. No errors.

I've searched around, and most people who have this problem are pointing to the wrong config directory or something. I am not - this is an established configuration (I restored it after upgrading) that's been working for *years*. I'm definitely pointing it to the correct config files, and debug logs show it's loading that configuration. Netstat even shows it binding to the correct port, but... can't connect to the daemon.

I have no idea where or what to check. Help?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge 1.3.14 can't connect to deluged

Post by shamael »

Hi sterling1138,

My first move in such a situation is to move my profile away and restart both daemons to create the new config files. Can you give it a try?
If it works we know at least the upgrade was well applied and the test is only a matter of minutes.
sterling1138
New User
New User

Post by sterling1138 »

I did remove core.conf and auth from my config directory... but new ones weren't created, which is... weird, right?... I was still starting deluged with the same commandline arguments (/usr/bin/deluged --port=58846 --config=/home/sterling1138/.config/deluge) which do tell it where the config files are. And yes, I have ownership of that directory.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

FMY no systemd setup done to launch deluged?

if sterling1138 is your log on user, are the file created in your home folder when simply typing "deluged" and "deluge-web" ?
sterling1138
New User
New User

Post by sterling1138 »

Nothing's starting deluged on startup, no (startup files removed, and I ps auxw|grep delugeded.

Yes, I run deluged as my user, sterling1138. If I remove core.conf and start deluged with no arguments, no new core.conf seems to be created.

When I run it (again, with no core.conf) with debug level log, it does say it's reading a config file:

Code: Select all

[DEBUG   ] 18:35:48 configmanager:111 Getting config 'core.conf'
It then loads default settings, but does not create the file when done. I searched the entire harddrive. Also, I still can't connect to the daemon. It still times out.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

was the folder /home/sterling1138/.config/deluge renamed first?
sterling1138
New User
New User

Post by sterling1138 »

Nope, but I figured it out. Kinda.

It was the state directory.

I had several hundred torrents in there, and I think it was processing through them (or it just died, I dunno).

Nuking that directory made everything work. I then had to manually re-add the torrents and wait for it to process them all, which took forever but was at least visible.

I am wondering if restarting will break it again...