Troubles when re-introducing torrents and files

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Frotz
New User
New User

Troubles when re-introducing torrents and files

Post by Frotz »

After a backup and restore, I somehow blew away $HOME/.config/deluge, so I'm forced to re-introduce my torrents with the files. The advice at http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Trou ... dtorrentto seems incomplete and perhaps the Deluge is deficient in not providing feedback when it can't find what it's looking for. All my Deluge stuff lives in $HOME/deluge. Completed downloads go into $HOME/deluge/downloads. Torrent files are copied to $HOME/deluge/torrents.

After all my fiddling around with "move storage", the only way I can get Deluge to find the existing files is to put them in $HOME/deluge. Is this intentional? It seems more intuitive for Deluge to look for this stuff where completed downloads are kept.
Last edited by Frotz on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Troubles when re-introducing torrents and files

Post by shamael »

Hi,

Try to move all your files in $HOME/deluge and when all .torrent were added in Deluge+ force recheck, the GTKUI has the ability to multiple select & move storage in one operation

OR

(test and backup first!)
add .torrent files in paused stat, stop Deluged daemon, edit the file torrents.state with the correct location. Test on a set of files, then use the sed command to change them all
Frotz
New User
New User

Re: Troubles when re-introducing torrents and files

Post by Frotz »

Thanks. Would someone please update the troubleshooting page with this info?