Deluge Hangs on Launch - Fastresume File Corrupted?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge Hangs on Launch - Fastresume File Corrupted?

Post by Cas »

You will need to downgrade libtorrent (replace xenial for your release):

Code: Select all

sudo apt install libtorrent-rasterbar8=1.0.11-1~xenial~ppa1 python-libtorrent=1.0.11-1~xenial~ppa1
python -c 'import libtorrent as lt; print lt.__version__'
How many torrents are loaded in deluged and is it using cpu time?
yeyeoke
New User
New User

Post by yeyeoke »

Cas wrote:You will need to downgrade libtorrent (replace xenial for your release):

Code: Select all

sudo apt install libtorrent-rasterbar8=1.0.11-1~xenial~ppa1 python-libtorrent=1.0.11-1~xenial~ppa1
python -c 'import libtorrent as lt; print lt.__version__'
How many torrents are loaded in deluged and is it using cpu time?
OK! I've downgraded to 1.0.11.0 now as shown by running python -c 'import libtorrent as lt; print lt.__version__'.

My activte torrents varies, before I downgraded I had 314 torrents loaded, and it was fine, but I've experienced crashes when only running 50-60 as well.

The CPU usage never goes very high.
yeyeoke
New User
New User

Post by yeyeoke »

OK. Back again, since downgrading it has crashed multiple times in a couple of hours which is far worse than before.
pchc_lx

Post by pchc_lx »

Hi, my Deluge is completely unusable at the moment. On every reboot now I get the dreaded grey-ed out screen, must delete fastresume file and re-check all torrents. On next restart, same again. 100% of the time now. Very rough.

I realize I may somehow be an unfortunate edge-case freak issue at this point, but this is a fresh OS install, fresh Deluge install, and I'm doing everything right... as far as I know. Would love some help here.

torrents.state & torrents.fastresume files attached (as zip due to forum upload restrictions).

Thank you-
Attachments
state files.zip
(364.9 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Ok I'll check that out tomorrow
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I will need the entire state folder with the torrent files to be able to replicate. If you prefer you can email it to me.
pchc_lx

Post by pchc_lx »

Thank you. PM sent!
Geth

Post by Geth »

Hi,

Unfortunately I have to join the club :(

I'm using Deluge 1.3.13 on QNAP NAS running on a x86_64 GNU/Linux (according to uname).
I also had the exact same symptoms for a looong time now.

Usually I only have a few total torrents loaded in the app. Sometimes it goes on without problems for weeks, sometimes I experience this hang twice a week.
I always spot it when I try to log in to the web interface (running on same machine), and see that the it cannot connect to the daemon, after a few seconds greets me with "lost connection" error message.
It's not burning up CPU, memory levels are not increasing, debug log just stops.
I can only kill it with SIGKILL. After that I move the torrent files, clear the state directory, restart the daemon and load back the torrents. Today with ~15 torrents it stopped in the middle of checking of the fourth(?) torrent...

I'm clueless. Now I halved the cache_size from 65536 to 32768 (I have plenty of free RAM).
Now it's waiting time...
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

pchc_lx wrote:Thank you. PM sent!
I couldn't see any issues with the state so it must be related to checking the actual torrent data.
Geth wrote:Today with ~15 torrents it stopped in the middle of checking of the fourth(?) torrent...
Can you isolate it to a single torrent? If you turn on debug logging you should be able to determine where it hangs.
pchc_lx

Post by pchc_lx »

I upgraded Deluge and libtorrent and initially had success. Started up fast and correct on first try. First restart, started up manually also good. Third restart, tried an autolaunch with 'Startup Applications' in Ubuntu, went back to the dreaded gray screen hang.

I'll try the debugging and see if I can narrow it down. Is there a way Deluge could hang or crash in a more informative way or throw some message explaining where it gets stuck?