Re: Sequential download script/plugin

Post by amb07 »

Now it works perfectly. Thanks.
terror_macbeth_I
New User
New User

Post by terror_macbeth_I »

I removed the mapping alltogether from the plugin to use deluges core mapping.
See the updated wiki page.

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/attachmen ... -py2.7.egg

I thought I subscribed to this thread, but did not get any notificationi email so appoligies for not responding ealier. I resubscribed and it is showing up in my Control Panel now.
MasterCATZ

Post by MasterCATZ »

Thanks for your work on this

I was really disappointed that deluge file Priorities does not work when data is not Pre-allocated

this will be handy for those large torrent packs of 100+ gig

I like having 1x set on highest setting then another 3 on a higher setting then another 5 on a high setting with a few normal and the rest qued

normally that gets a file completed just in time to watch the next one

another option that would be good would be able to set them based on file size
ie get all the small vid clips first but that can be manually done ( I have not tried this script yet and hoping its as smart as utorrents )

I used to use azureus/vuze ( until it got so bloated it took n hr to load up all my torrents ) then utorrent and now that I have gone to a FreeBSD box deluge seems to be the only client worth bothering with as buggy as I have found it i am putting up with it

So far the only Gripes I have with deluge are
No file search option ( well their is one first letter only )
No Stop Option honeslty why only que / pause ?
( I like keeping all my torrents in the list so i know what I have and have not got :P I have a habit of getting the same thing 3 times or more )
Currently no option to store torrent file in the folder files are downloaded to
( I keep all my torrent files just in case I need to recover corrupt data )
plugin that extracts files based on their label ( ie movies get extracted to movies folder whilst iso's stay rar'd )
I would really love a sfv creator plugin for downloads that do not have an sfv file I hate getting around to watching something later on and finding out the files been corrupted somewhere along the line
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It is going off-topic but I will address your Deluge points.
No file search option ( well their is one first letter only )
Has been implemented in dev version but unable to backport to 1.3.x
No Stop Option honeslty why only que / pause ?
I am not sure we will change this but I understand where you are coming from.
Currently no option to store torrent file in the folder files are downloaded to
There is the option 'Copy of torrent' in Preferences but if you are asking about the torrent file being copied into the same folder as the torrent data, that adds complexity that is unlikely to be implemented as you may end up with orphan torrent files when you start moving the data around.
plugin that extracts files based on their label ( ie movies get extracted to movies folder whilst iso's stay rar'd )
Probably could be implemented by extending the Extract plugin functionality so if you create a feature request ticket someone may look into it.
I would really love a sfv creator plugin for downloads that do not have an sfv file I hate getting around to watching something later on and finding out the files been corrupted somewhere along the line
Unless the original movie file was corrupted there should be no reason that the torrent file should be.
Ansem

Post by Ansem »

I tried to enable auto-priority via webgui on deluge 1.3.13 but it doesn't work :(
If I check autopriority nothing happen, and If I close and reopen the settings window the check will disappear :(

I tried both the eggs with python 2.6 and 2.7
lopalop2
New User
New User

Post by lopalop2 »

Oh good. I come looking to see if anyone has a solution to my problem and the problem is the only post in the last 6 years, with no reply.
(I've got the plugin un-checking itself problem as well) I can also add that it un-checks itself when it tries to apply.
ipaqmaster
New User
New User

Post by ipaqmaster »

I got the same auto-untick behavior. But It's ok. It appears to be working for me regardless, on a Deluge Daemon of v1.3.15 (I grabbed the latest 2.7 egg available, running Python2.7)

I ran my Deluge Daemon in debug logging mode. Achieved by adding '-L debug' to my launch parameters so I could see what the plugin was doing when we tick it. Running 'tail -f /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/deluged.log' sufficed to watch.

When ticked the usual plugin activation process occurs and the plugin unticked itself as with you guys.... but I saw this in the console

Code: Select all

[DEBUG   ] 15:04:27 core:92 AutoPriority: watching label autopriority
[DEBUG   ] 15:04:27 core:93 AutoPriority: watching 0 torrent(s)
But it was still 'unticked' in my plugins list. I started guessing until I had my thoughts confirmed when this came next:

Code: Select all

[DEBUG   ] 15:05:27 core:92 AutoPriority: watching label autopriority
[DEBUG   ] 15:05:27 core:93 AutoPriority: watching 0 torrent(s)

It seems the plugin IS active and checks for any torrents with the Label 'autopriority' and automatically priorities them alphabetically (good for shows you want to begin watching but not wait for the entire torrent to complete first) and it works fine. Once I did that it started saying 'watching 1 torrent' for my big tv show. Checking the Files tab on that torrent there were all prioritized automatically... which is great!

It's probably unticking itself despite being active because of the way deluge handles plugins + how this plugin does it's minutely checkups. But all this probably could've been explained better in the original upload page.

TL;DR

1. Turn on the 'Label' plugin if it isn't already on.

2. In the label tab thing on the left, right click it and create a new label called 'autopriority'. Add your torrents to this list by right clicking them and adding this Label to them

2a. Even though 'unticked' the plugin will begin automatically prioritizing them. But make sure you tick it the first time to actually 'turn it on'

It is also worth noting it won't touch torrents that are 'Checking' I have another big TV show I had to pause a while ago and deluge lost progress, it's currently 'Checking' so it can resume however has been ignored by the plugin (Sees 1 torrent rather than the 2 visible) probably skips these on purpose and will work once it's back in 'Downloading'.

Happy to see it still works years since an update.