0.5.8.9 Released

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
scrapmetal
Leecher
Leecher

Re: 0.5.8.9 Released

Post by scrapmetal »

unfortunately the ratio stuff in 0.5.8.9 is totally broken for me. ive got the 'stop seeding torrents when their share ratio reaches: 1.50' enabled. but the trouble is as soon as a torrent is downloaded (or sometimes an hour or 2 after a download is finished) the ratio without explanation or warning jumps up to a random high figure and seeding stops leading to my ratio dropping on private trackers.

for example right now i have 2 torrents in deluge, both in the 1.5 gig range, about an hour ago both were downloaded and had a ratio of arond 0.3, now suddenly the ratios ahve jumped to 8.854 and 5.416 respectively. if i click pause and then resume the ratio jumps up and now they are at 10.x and 18.x
im going back to 0.5.8.7 for the the being
ubuntu intrepid amd64
reddy.shyam
New User
New User

Post by reddy.shyam »

scrapmetal wrote:unfortunately the ratio stuff in 0.5.8.9 is totally broken for me. ive got the 'stop seeding torrents when their share ratio reaches: 1.50' enabled. but the trouble is as soon as a torrent is downloaded (or sometimes an hour or 2 after a download is finished) the ratio without explanation or warning jumps up to a random high figure and seeding stops leading to my ratio dropping on private trackers.

for example right now i have 2 torrents in deluge, both in the 1.5 gig range, about an hour ago both were downloaded and had a ratio of arond 0.3, now suddenly the ratios ahve jumped to 8.854 and 5.416 respectively. if i click pause and then resume the ratio jumps up and now they are at 10.x and 18.x
Same here. Its been the case with last few releases. Could this issue be addressed as soon as possible please? Thankyou.
scrapmetal
Leecher
Leecher

Post by scrapmetal »

been working my way down release by release and 0.5.8.5 seems to be the last one where the ratio prolbems dont occur
ubuntu intrepid amd64
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

scrapmetal wrote:been working my way down release by release and 0.5.8.5 seems to be the last one where the ratio prolbems dont occur
Why don't you test trunk and see if it's fixed? That would be a more productive use of your time.
waltherbans
Leecher
Leecher

Post by waltherbans »

@andar: fastresume in svn is working much better now; there's "only" one big file (of 100) beeing checked on startup. but the torrent's ranking is destroyed / "remixed".
noian

Post by noian »

scrapmetal wrote:unfortunately the ratio stuff in 0.5.8.9 is totally broken for me. ive got the 'stop seeding torrents when their share ratio reaches: 1.50' enabled. but the trouble is as soon as a torrent is downloaded (or sometimes an hour or 2 after a download is finished) the ratio without explanation or warning jumps up to a random high figure and seeding stops leading to my ratio dropping on private trackers.

I actually had this happen in 0.5.8.7 multiple times, just not as bad/noticeable/always so don't think 0.5.8.7 is free from it. (really, how can seeding one hour a day and specifically watching my ratios and stopping when they reach 1.00 or so lead me to have a 35 share ratio on a throttled ISP line the next time I start deluge?)
loki

Post by loki »

I think it's time they just called .5 line a loss and stick with the .6 release...
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

I think you're forgetting that the 0.6 branch has hardly any plugins yet and it will too have lots of bugs (all software does ;) )
Just because you haven't figured out a few bugs doesn't mean you should abandon the code!
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

johnnyg wrote:I think you're forgetting that the 0.6 branch has hardly any plugins yet and it will too have lots of bugs (all software does ;) )
Just because you haven't figured out a few bugs doesn't mean you should abandon the code!
No, he's right. I've felt this way for a long time with regards to 0.5.x.
Stacks

Post by Stacks »

I just hope the ratio troubles are addressed in a recent release.

My ratio on Demonoid.com is absolutely horrible right now, and I'm worried about being banned from a few private trackers.