Symlinked files are getting rechecked every time Deluge starts

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Magic815

Symlinked files are getting rechecked every time Deluge starts

Post by Magic815 »

Hi all -

So I'm having an issue with Deluge 1.3.12 on Windows 8.1, where it seems like any torrent files I have that are symlinked continue to get rechecked every time Deluge starts up.

My current setup involves torrents being downloaded to my M: drive, but whenever I have torrents downloaded using Couchpotato, it will take the finished torrents and symlink them to a separate hard drive (F:), into a folder called "Movies_CP". Whenever I close out of the Deluge daemon, or do a computer restart, it ends up having to recheck every symlinked file when it comes back up. Unfortunately, I'm gathering a long list of torrents that are symlinked, so the recheck takes a lot of time.

Is there anything I can do to get Deluge to be smarter about it's rechecks? Any help is appreciated.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Symlinked files are getting rechecked every time Deluge starts

Post by Cas »

There was a windows symlink fix applied to libtorrent 1.0.8 so install Deluge 1.3.13.
Magic815

Re: Symlinked files are getting rechecked every time Deluge starts

Post by Magic815 »

Ha, nice! 1.3.13 seems to fix the issue. Funny how I finally get around to posting about the issue, and the fix just happens to have been posted two days prior. Cheers!