Slow network response with libttorrent on Debian

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gfurst

Slow network response with libttorrent on Debian

Post by gfurst »

Guys need some additional help, latest libtorrent is working like a beast. In a test run it even managed to surpass my network limit which apparently was upped by my ISP.
With some additional options on ltconfig deluge is performing as it always meant to... there are a couple of issues though:
- First is that new libtorrent apparently works differently with queue setttings, it always leaves all torrents active, though only pushing the seed limit a little.
- Second is that no matter how little traffic there is, torrents connections always kill webbrowsing in this computer, its not a network thing, other PC is able to access without issues.
To elaborate more, no matter if I drastically lower the connections limit or only keep one torrent active, network response for everything else comes to crawl...
Shryp

Re: Building latest libttorrent from source on Debian

Post by Shryp »

Other traffic will be slow if your upload or download is maxed out. Upload will probably make it the worst. Queue settings work fine for me on Windows.
gfurst

Re: Building latest libttorrent from source on Debian

Post by gfurst »

Shryp wrote:Other traffic will be slow if your upload or download is maxed out. Upload will probably make it the worst. Queue settings work fine for me on Windows.
Hey Shryp, thanks again, however this wasn't the case, it didn't matter the speed or number of connections, besides, other computers on the same network were able to access without issue.
Which led me to believe the issue was actually with the computer, just to try it out, I've followed instructions in the Arch wiki to open ports in iptables.

Code: Select all

# iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -p udp --dport 56881:57200 -j NOTRACK
# iptables -t raw -I OUTPUT -p udp --sport 56881:57200 -j NOTRACK
# iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 56881:57200 -j NOTRACK
# iptables -t raw -I OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 56881:57200 -j NOTRACK
# iptables -I INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type 3 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -I INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type 4 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -I INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type 11 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -I INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type 12 -j ACCEPT
This actually worked pretty well, even though I'd never setup firewall on the machine.
Deluge managed to keep connections allright, but I think that tracking them kept the interface too busy, having the other traffic timeout.