Solution for really low upload speeds?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gfurst

Solution for really low upload speeds?

Post by gfurst »

Hey there folks, I've first tried deluge something around three years ago, and I'm to say same thing that afflicted me before still does now.
The backend used really sucks, download might be ok and I haven't tried right now, but upload speeds are really sluggish bad.

I'm trying to set up a seedbox machine, media top box kinda of thing, using an old laptop of mine, so I'm looking for a proper daemon/client solution for torrenting.
Right now I have it plugged wired on the network and while deluge only gets around ~15~20kb/s on one torrent, transmission was able to get around 90kb/s.

I even thought about tweaking with the mentioned Itconfig addon for in depth libtorrent stuff.
Has anyone found a solution for this yet? Some proper settings in Itconfig or such?
Shryp

Re: Solution for really low upload speeds?

Post by Shryp »

Your best improvement might come from manually updating libtorrent to the newest 1.0.5 version.
gfurst

Post by gfurst »

Shryp wrote:Your best improvement might come from manually updating libtorrent to the newest 1.0.5 version.
eg, compiling from latest source, I might just try that later.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

You can compile it yourself or find a pre compiled version. There is a thread in the windows section for the windows version and there are some links to an ubuntu repository somewhere.
gfurst

Post by gfurst »

Weird, I was sure I had wrote a reply here for something I found...
gfurst

Post by gfurst »

Didn't you provide a link previously? Anyway, I suppose I'll try to follow this guide on how to build for linux, if there's another guide, please share.

Anyway, Previously I've found a useful option in ltconfig that sure helps getting more speed, at least initially.
Turns out that libtorrent with deluge only uses 1 tracker per time, and instead of announcing to all trackers simultaneously, as most torrent clients do, deluge adds each tracker as a different tier.
If the tracker is unavailable, then it announces to the next one, an so on. And one can see how this does not help kickin in more speed, at least initially.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

gfurst

Post by gfurst »

Sorry, but it seems that even on this ppa the libtorrent version isn't the latest.
gfurst

Post by gfurst »

Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Great. Let us know if the new version works better for you.