Open folder doesn't higlight the download

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
c876446

Open folder doesn't higlight the download

Post by c876446 »

I have a fairly large download folder. When I right click and then open folder, it will just open the download folder, and will NOT highlight the file like this ticket http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2098 suggests.
What should I do to change this behavior?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Open folder doesn't higlight the download

Post by Cas »

Milestone: 2.0
b9AcE
New User
New User

Re: Open folder doesn't higlight the download

Post by b9AcE »

I would suggest this gets a higher priority than "trivial" and pushed to a future major release as it seems likely to provide a lot of usability increase for very many users and therefore I think it should be raised for inclusion in a minor release already.

For users with very many torrents in the program it increases the usability by a LOT if it's possible to mark several torrents in the GTK UI to request they all be opened and that resulting in one explorer window per containing directory.
Case example:
A user has several storage drives containing thousands of torrents out of which for example 30 is wanted to be opened so that the content can be added by simple drag/drop to another program and Deluge is used to categorize the data in the torrents (e.g. through labels) for if it is ready to be used as is or requires further processing before being ready to use.
As it is, the desired content has to be highlighted in Deluge and then located once again (manually both times) instead of just once, so that unnecessarily much time has to be spent selecting the content.
The current behavior is a major annoyance factor for both me and several others I have spoken to when they move from for example µTorrent (which does this as requested) to the degree that most of those others have felt unable to migrate to Deluge at all.

I don't know of any other method for expressing wishes for increased relative priority of development than posting a forum comment like this, so hope it is acceptable doing so?
If there is some kind of voting for priority function in the ticket system that I did not see, I apologize and hope someone points out to me where and how one accesses it.