Can't activate Plugins

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
FlyingPersian

Can't activate Plugins

Post by FlyingPersian »

Hi
I can't activate any plugins in my deluge.. I'm running it in a portsfail under FreeNAS (based on FreeBSD). Everything else seems to work fine. I think I have python 2.7 as it says "python 2.7" in "top". When I try to activate a plugin I check the box, hit ok, reopen the preferences and the check mark is gone. Reboot didn't help. Tried it before and after connecting with the connection manager. I have the newest version installed (1.3.6). I also tried installing another torrent, it appeared in the list, but the same thing happens.
I'd be glad for any advice. I'm intending to use the Extractor plugin only so far.
I installed it following this tutorial.

Kind Regards
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Can't activate Plugins

Post by Cas »

Is this in webui or gtkui?
FlyingPersian

Post by FlyingPersian »

WebGUI. I haven't installed the GTK (followed the tutorial 1:1)
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The extractor plugin cannot currently be configured from webui so it's best to setup gtk thinclient.
FlyingPersian

Post by FlyingPersian »

Okay? That is how it's described in the wiki.. Isn't the GTK version too much for my NAS? I've read that it's unnessecary work load..
FlyingPersian

Post by FlyingPersian »

So.. What I did now was that I installed deluge on my Windows laptop and connected to my NAS' deluge. I activated the script and added this line on complete:

Code: Select all

python /media/Stuff/scripts/nzbToMedia/TorrentToMedia.py
a) This isn't being executed upon torrent finish.
b) When I quit deluge on my laptop and reopen the connection the command is gone.

Is this fixable somehow?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Don't put python...
FlyingPersian

Post by FlyingPersian »

As soon as I hit "ok" in the settings this pops up in my shell:

root@deluge:/media/Stuff/scripts/nzbToMedia # Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/webui/core.py", line 127, in set_config
    return self.restart()
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/webui/core.py", line 70, in restart
    self.server.stop().addCallback(self.on_stop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 306, in addCallback
    callbackKeywords=kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 295, in addCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 577, in _runCallbacks
    current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/webui/core.py", line 75, in on_stop
    self.start()
  File "build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/webui/core.py", line 97, in start
    self.server.start(False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/web/server.py", line 665, in start
    self.start_normal()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/web/server.py", line 673, in start_normal
    self.socket = reactor.listenTCP(self.port, self.site)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/posixbase.py", line 495, in listenTCP
    p.startListening()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 980, in startListening
    raise CannotListenError(self.interface, self.port, le)
twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on any:8112: [Errno 48] Address already in use.
Also this doesn't help me as this should work without my Laptop running.. :/

edit: I don't think this has anything to do with the plugin.. :/ Also happens when it's deactivated.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

You are probably trying to run the webui plugin and deluge-web at the same time.
FlyingPersian

Post by FlyingPersian »

Probably yeah.. What's the right way to go with then? I'd appreciate some suggestions or even actual instructions :P As you may have noticed I'm not really familiar with all that stuff.
When I start deluged it starts deluged AND deluge-web. Should I not start that deluge-web? How do I do that?

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/deluged start 
That's what I use to start deluged up.