[Plugin] MoveTools v0.2.0.2

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

[Plugin] MoveTools v0.2.0.2

Post by Ratanak »

I saw the Smart Move plugin and was hoping to use it but unfortunately I was not able to get it to work properly. In its place, I created this plugin that will add a status column that shows you the current status of a torrent move operation.

Note: Due to the method used to get transfer progress (checking file sizes), the progress will not always be accurate. This is mainly when a system fully allocates space for the file before actually moving the file data. In this case, there is no way to tell what the progress is because the full file size is reported by the system. When this happens, MoveTools will try to estimate using the speed from previous transfers.

Additionally, the plugin gives an option to force move a completed torrent to its assigned move completed path. Alone this doesn't seem very useful, but if you are using a labeling plugin like the built-in Label or LabelPlus that sets the move completed path, you can simplify the process of getting your torrents to the right location (because of relabeling, etc) by using this feature.

This is mainly a GtkUI plugin. The WebUI will show the status column from this plugin, but that's it.

Compatibility notes:
  • Known to work on at least Deluge 1.3.3 (Tested on Windows XP 32-bit)
  • Known to work on at least GTK+ 2.16 (Tested on Windows XP 32-bit)
Source code: https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-movetools

Eggs:
MoveTools-0.2.0.2-py2.6.egg
(23.34 KiB) Downloaded 1957 times
MoveTools-0.2.0.2-py2.7.egg
(23.34 KiB) Downloaded 4915 times
Changelog (Full):
Version 0.2.0.2
- Add core initialization check in UI

Version 0.2.0.1
- Fix status rounding up to 100 percent

Version 0.2.0.0
- Progress estimation based on speed of previous transfers
- Sidebar filters for move status
- Cancel pending move operations

- Use reactor based updating rather than threads
- Explicitly process one move operation at a time
Last edited by Ratanak on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [Plugin] Move Tools v0.2.0.0

Post by Ratanak »

Update to version 0.2.0.0.

MoveTools will now try to estimate progress from previous transfers if the system reports full size before the transfer is done. The method used will be most accurate with single file torrents and when the transfer rate between source and destination is mostly the same. MoveTools will constantly try to determine an accurate speed, but it may take a few moves to increase its accuracy. If you have a rough idea of what speed your transfers are, you can also enter an initial speed estimate through the configuration page.

MoveTools has switched from requesting moves all at once to handling a single move operation at a time. This allows a better indication of when an individual move is completed. It also opens up the possibility of canceling queued moves. A queued move can be canceled with the new "Cancel Pending" context menu option.

Additionally, there are now filters in the sidebar which will help users see the move status of torrents. This can be useful, for instance, if you want to cancel all queued moves. You could select the "Queued" filter to quickly see which torrents are queued.
BigDe

Re: [Plugin] MoveTools v0.2.0.2

Post by BigDe »

Where is this 'force move option"? I solely downloaded this plug-in for that feature
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

I read your other post in the LabelPlus topic and MoveTools does not do what you want. It is meant to be used for cases where you have a completed torrent and the path does not match its move completed path. This could happen when you set a label on an already completed torrent. The current path would not necessarily be the move completed path specified in the label settings. LabelPlus has an option to automatically move when the label for a completed torrent is changed so the only thing MoveTools is good for now is for move status monitoring or if you are using the official Label plugin that does not automatically do moves for completed torrents.

Currently, MoveTools does not move a torrent that is not completed.
BigDe

Post by BigDe »

so there is no way to accomplish what I want ? i mean is there any other means ?
Ratanak wrote:Currently, MoveTools does not move a torrent that is not completed.
humm.....but, just to be clear I don't want to move torrent,I just want different save locations for different labels rather than downloading torrents to a folder and then move it according to labels
for example I add a tvshows torrent and your label plus pics and assigns certain label according to parameters, it should start downloading to I:\My Videos\Tv shows
reason i'm trying to do this because my tv shows are in one partition, applications are other and movies in diffrent one moving files between partition takes a lot time and especially if the files are bigger and it's just an extra unnecessary 'read/write' on the hard disks I'm trying to avoid that extra wear on hard disks i don't know much about coding but I think it's possible to implement in your label plus

off-topic is there anyway to express random character for name in auto label like s0%.e0%. so % representing the random numeric value
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

It may be possible to implement an initial path but I'll have to double-check how Deluge handles torrents being added.

For varying numbers in torrent names, you can use regexes. When creating a new rule, choose "matches regex" from the second drop down box. And for the regex, it would include something like:

Code: Select all

s[0-9]+\.e[0-9]+
BigDe

Post by BigDe »

thankyou for considering it :) I look forward for that option. I just moved to Deluge from utorrent just yesterday for this sole purpose, even though I can accomplish this particular task via utorrent it is (labeling system) sooo broken that I can't stand it anymore. thanks for the code tip looking up regex on google now :)
BigDe

Post by BigDe »

so any news on that option ? I think if the user disable/uncheck the default download option it will easy breeze for your extension to handle this function, just a thought
Ratanak
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Ratanak »

I'm a bit busy studying for certifications, so I have not had time to delve into this problem just yet.
BigDe

Post by BigDe »

OK :)