Adding torrent to closed Deluge not working on 1.3.6

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
mzaur
New User
New User

Adding torrent to closed Deluge not working on 1.3.6

Post by mzaur »

Hello,

This is my first post here. I've been using Deluge 1.3.5 thin client to connect to my seedbox with no issues for a while. I recently saw that there was an update, so I installed 1.3.6. I am noticing an issue which was not present in 1.3.5.

All I have to do to repeat it is to close Deluge and open a torrent file. Deluge opens, but there is no popup like there was with 1.3.5. I see on the bottom left "1 torrent queued", and I click on it. I get a popup window "Queued Torrents", my added torrent name is there, but "add" is greyed out. I can clear "clear" and "close" but the "1 torrent queued" on the bottom left is still there. My torrent is never added. Now if I simply add a torrent while Deluge is open, I have no issues. This is just with adding torrents when Deluge is closed

I am on Windows 8 64bit

Thanks
mzaur
New User
New User

Re: Adding torrent to closed Deluge not working on 1.3.6

Post by mzaur »

Anyone know anything about this? Thanks
mzaur
New User
New User

Post by mzaur »

Judging by the lack of responses, nobody seems to know. Should I post a bug report?
Tsume
New User
New User

Post by Tsume »

I've actually had this problem twice now, on 1.3.5 on a different PC and 1.3.6 on this PC. I have not been able to figure out what causes this because it will work fine for months and then suddenly this starts to happen with seemingly no change in my system or Deluge configuration.

The solution for me is to delete the Deluge folder in %appdata% while Deluge is closed, and then re-do all my settings. I don't need to completely reinstall it, so maybe it's something with the saved settings getting corrupted. I found this bug report: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2413 but the dev closed it as "WorksForMe". I think the issue may require further testing since the issue takes so long to appear.
mzaur
New User
New User

Post by mzaur »

The issue actually disappeared for a while and then just recently appeared again for me. :/