[Plugin] Limit of copies

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
Black_ice_Spain
New User
New User

[Plugin] Limit of copies

Post by Black_ice_Spain »

Hello,

This plugin is very simple and aimed for seedboxes (or people with high upload speed) (self-tested on windows with deluge 1.3.3 and deluged/webui).

What it does, its some kind of ratio, but instead of working with downloaded/uploaded normal ratio when torrent is SEEDING, it works with TOTAL SIZE/uploaded on torrents when DOWNLOADING. I do this mainly for a private tracker i use, which only allows uploading 8x copies (aka, torrent_size * 8), more than that = BIG penalty.

USES:
-Since ratio limit doesn't work while torrent is Downloading, if you upload faster than download, sometimes you upload like 16x the original torrent size, which in some trackers, can get you banned/warn, this plugin prevents it.
-If you only download a few files of a torrent, and want to re-upload them, put download limit @ 1kb/s, remove ratio restriction, and let it work (you can do this by recalculating ratio settings for that torrent i guess, but well :P, you dont have to recalculate).

DOWNLOAD (code inside)
Check attachment

OPTIONS:
-Number of copies (maximum amount of copies before upload gets limited, put it a little lower than tracker limit, since this limits your upload, doesnt disable it)
-Minimum file size (MB) (torrents which are less size than this, wont be affected by this plugin, i think this setting needs to be a little higher than desired, for example, testing with a 41.1gb torrent, 42000 wouldnt be enough, with 43000 it stopped being affected by the plugin).
-Upload limit (kb/s): Upload limit which will be the used one when torrents reach number of copies.

WARN:
This plugin is not a workaround for ratio limits, since it wont affect torrents in seeding state (only affects downloading ones). So after you are seeding, use ratio to limit your upload (if you downloaded full file, ratio and this plugin would do the same, but you can configure ratio for each torrent individually, so better use ratio).
Attachments
CopyLimit-0.1-py2.6.egg
(13 KiB) Downloaded 2041 times
Last edited by Black_ice_Spain on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Black_ice_Spain
New User
New User

Re: [Plugin] Limit of copies

One note, people with webui + (deluged) who want to edit default configuration.

Create this file (or edit if existing?) and put this code
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\deluge\copylimit.conf <-- Windows
/home/YourUserName/.config/deluge/copylimit.conf <-- Unix (not sure tho)

Code: Select all

{
  "file": 1,
  "format": 1
}{
  "LIM_COPIAS": 7,
  "MIN_SIZE": 400,
  "UPLOAD_RATE": 20
}
And edit/write that config (that's default config, if you are happy with it, no need to create that file).

LIM_COPIAS = maximo "ratio" while downloading (aka, if file its 1gb, it will limit torrent upload rate when you upload 7gb). <-- If you want to check if the plugin is working, put it to 0, then plugin should cap every torrent downloading which has uploaded any data.
MIN_SIZE = if torrent is smaller than MIN_SIZE (in MB), it will be out of control (aka, no copy limit).
UPLOAD_RATE = the upload rate to be limited.

Other option is use:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient
to connect to your daemon remotely.
Last edited by Black_ice_Spain on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratzeputz

Post by ratzeputz »

Is there a python 2.7 version?

regards,
ratze
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Could you please attach files to the forum post rather than use file lockers as there is high chance the link will go dead.

ratze, you can rename the plugin eggs to py27 if needed.
dyamemills

Post by dyamemills »

hi
Thanks for a great plugin! Just two suggestions, please:
How about adding a feature to limit logs to a certain number/age? After a while, that log list gets quite long ... :)
Also, it would be nice to be able to limit duplicate checking to just certain categories. thanks
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Found another link to this plugin and attached it. I am not sure if it is the latest version.
Attachments
CopyLimit-0.1-py2.6.egg
(13 KiB) Downloaded 992 times
Black_ice_Spain
New User
New User

Erf... little late :( (happy new year?), i forgot about the plugin since i stopped using the seedbox.

Yeah the link Cas posted is fine it's the last (and first bcs i didnt get any feedback and it was working correctly for my needs) version.

I dont know why PMs wont send a warning to my email, in case someone wants to contact, ask to blackicespa in gmail (if dyamemills still wants those changes i can get them done i think, but tell me what the log shows, since i dont know when im using it in the code :oops: first plugin... made it like in 3-4hours with no previous experience on python nor deluge plugins).

Also feel free to modify and publish the plugin too.

PS: Thanks Cas for taking the time to publish it again.