[Request] Alternative Speed Limit (toggling)

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
heavy61
New User
New User

[Request] Alternative Speed Limit (toggling)

Post by heavy61 »

After lot of tests, I concluded that this is the best bit torrent client in linux (unix) but when I tested qbittorrent and transmission, I found a very nice feature in those bittorrent clients!! ALTERNATIVE SPEED LIMIT .. but it has too a little toggling button (icon) on the bottom bar that allows you to toggle very fast between the global speed limits and the alternative (temporary) speed limits .. this is very useful!!!
I invite you to implement this option.

Thanks a lot.
:)
Toggle icon on bottom bar
Toggle icon on bottom bar
qbittorrent.jpg (54.33 KiB) Viewed 9360 times
Speed alternative configuration menu
Speed alternative configuration menu
secure-torrent-download-limits.jpg (29.68 KiB) Viewed 9360 times
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Suggestion: Alternative Speed Limit (toggling)

Post by johnnyg »

Wouldn't the scheduler plugin be a better solution?

Normally you want to specify different speed limits for different times.

Otherwise if you wanted to implement this, it would be fairly easy to do with a plugin (which you could heavily base off the scheduler plugin).
heavy61
New User
New User

Re: [Request] Alternative Speed Limit (toggling)

Post by heavy61 »

thanks for your reply johnnyg.

you wrote:
Normally you want to specify different speed limits for different times.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm sometimes downloading torrents, and for some reason I want to navigate or check my mail with my email client or anything else!!
in any moment!!! ... you just have to do a click in the toggling speed icon and the speed gets limited with your alternative speed limit preset automatically.

then I can navigate o check my mail etc. .. then I click on the icon again .. and it goes to full speed again!!

Just one click!!!!

2.- You Wrote:
Otherwise if you wanted to implement this, it would be fairly easy to do with a plugin

---------------

I don't know how to make a plugin .. I'm not a programmer.!!!

Many thanks for your reply...
undrline
New User
New User

Re: [Request] Alternative Speed Limit (toggling)

Post by undrline »

I know I'm guilty of a necro of the thread, but I registered just to say, I agree. A quick manual toggle of settings like Transmission and its brethren have would be more than lovely. I do too much on my home network ... multiple work machines running various multiuser webchats, streaming video from various devices, gaming, and so forth can all be happening the same time, and usually not on a schedule. When someone complains of slowness, that temporary speed limit toggle has worked wonders, particularly when it's set to unlimited (I believe that's what all those negative one's represent in Deluge).