Optware deluged

Suggestions and discussion of future versions
dsjstc
New User
New User

Optware deluged

Post by dsjstc »

I'd quite like to have deluged running on my TomatoUSB E3000. That would pretty much let me shut down a 24/7 beige box.

Has anyone successfully created an optware package? I've failed to get it going due to the absence of gcc and other dev packages -- and I'm not quite sure how to go about cross-compiling the dependencies.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Optware deluged

Post by Cas »

deluge will not need cross-compiling as it is written in python. The issue will be our main dependency; libtorrent (rasterbar). I am not sure how you would go about compiling it for your system but I think you will get better help in the specific forums or mailing lists.

I had a quick search around and found this, that may/may not be useful: http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 6&start=15
dsjstc
New User
New User

Post by dsjstc »

Thanks, Cas. Optware on my platform has a libtorrent package indicating version 0.12.6-1, which I guess is a little too old. Setup.py insists on trying to download and build the current 0.14 version, which fails for lack of gcc.

So it sounds like I'm definitely going to have to figure out cross compiling.
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Lazybones »

dsjstc wrote:Thanks, Cas. Optware on my platform has a libtorrent package indicating version 0.12.6-1, which I guess is a little too old. Setup.py insists on trying to download and build the current 0.14 version, which fails for lack of gcc.

So it sounds like I'm definitely going to have to figure out cross compiling.
Optware has a cross ccompile environment you can run on a linux system, but finding directions or help with it is difficult. However if there is already a package, you may luck out and only need to specify a newer source tree and just compile.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

dsjstc wrote:Optware on my platform has a libtorrent package indicating version 0.12.6-1, which I guess is a little too old.
That is not libtorrent rasterbar, that is the library for rtorrent.