WEB UI Access

Suggest, post, or discuss plugins for Deluge
jjb123

WEB UI Access

Post by jjb123 »

I am trying to access my Web UI from outside of my network, so I type in https://myip:webuiport/ into the browser and it times out. I tried pinging my ip address and it times out too. My computer is on, my ports are forwarded, and it works with localhost on the network. Any ideas? Thanks.
loki

Re: WEB UI Access

Post by loki »

I would think maybe your router is blocking you... other than that, not sure.
jjb123

Post by jjb123 »

Yeah, I don't know. I know all of my ports are open correctly, and Bittorrent it's self works fine so I know it isn't blocking all inbound connections. Could the fact that I have ssl on have something to do with it?
mvoncken
Developer
Developer

Post by mvoncken »

jjb123 wrote:I am trying to access my Web UI from outside of my network, so I type in https://myip:webuiport/ into the browser and it times out. I tried pinging my ip address and it times out too. My computer is on, my ports are forwarded, and it works with localhost on the network. Any ideas? Thanks.
I think it's an issue with your router, try disabling the router-firewall to test.
Just to be shure we're talking about the same problem: "myip" is the external-ip of your router and not a local (192.* adress), right?
dev: webui, core, labels | irc:vonck7 |
jjb123

Post by jjb123 »

Yeah, I will try to disable my firewall on my router and tell you if it works. Thanks.
bardic
New User
New User

Post by bardic »

Hello,
I'd like to also give my voice to this problem. I have forwarded my port correctly, but I'm unable to connect to the webui from outside the network. Now, I'm rather new to linux, so if there's something that comes installed (ubuntu 7.10) that blocks ports, then that may be the problem... Otherwise I'm rather stuck.
GT_Onizuka

Post by GT_Onizuka »

I'm having the same issue. Ports are forwarded correctly, as I have other services running on the same machine that work just fine. I can only access the WebUI when I am on my campus' internet, anywhere else it doesn't work. I can even access it from outside of my private network as long as I am on my school's network (essentially proving it isn't a router problem).
trektorrents
Seeder
Seeder

Post by trektorrents »

Double check that you're on the right port.

Check that your port is properly open.

GO here: http://www.deluge-torrent.org/test-port.php?port=XXXXX

Replace XXXXX with your port.

Make sure nothing else is using that port.

GT your Campus is probably blocking that access. Essentially it's someone surfing into the campus network, which their firewalls would prevent.
GT_Onizuka

Post by GT_Onizuka »

trektorrents wrote:GT your Campus is probably blocking that access. Essentially it's someone surfing into the campus network, which their firewalls would prevent.
Yeah, that was bizarre. I was using Azureus on port 6886, and it worked fine. I had the port forwarded properly on my router for deluge on 8112, so I assumed something else was wrong. Apparently my school has 8112 blocked, but switching to 6886 worked just fine.

Thanks!