[SOLVED] Greyed-out items.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
rehumanize
New User
New User

[SOLVED] Greyed-out items.

Post by rehumanize »

I recently got Deluge 0.6 installed via svn. I have a bit of a problem though.

All of the buttons on the toolbar besides for "Preferences" and "Connection Manager" are greyed-out. Also, File>Add Torrent, and almost everything within the preferences window. I have a feeling I did this myself. I deleted the Deluge config file because Deluge would start in the "system tray" though I couldn't see it (I'm running Debian Etch, I think I remember reading that this was an issue with previous versions.) In retrospect I should have just changed the system tray line value in the config file instead of deleting it (Read to do this on a Debian forum, also read that the config file would restore itself).

Is there something I can do? I think the easiest way would be a un-installation and reinstall (tried just the latter and didn't work). I'm not sure how I would uninstall this though, I've never uninstalled anything that I've built from python with svn. I don't see an uninstaller in the deluge-0.6 folder unless I'm missing it.

Sorry if it's an easy answer, but I can't find a solid answer by searching.

Last edited by rehumanize on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
rehumanize
New User
New User

Re: Greyed-out items.

Post by rehumanize »

Well I figured out how to uninstall....

I used this:

Code: Select all

python setup.py install --record record
That gave me the list of installed files, and I just deleted them all. Then I reinstalled Deluge, and that fixed the greyed-out issue.