GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non-degrecated GtkToolbar API is not allowed

(deluge 1.3.3, windows XP)
james678
New User
New User

Re: deluge won't start after uninstall/reinstall

Post by james678 »

now I can start it by clicking on the program,

but it won't start when downloading a torrent and won't accept a torrent while running

That toolbar thing
(GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non-degrecated GtkToolbar API is not allowed)
has me baffled (all this does, but) I installed utorrent as a fix and accidentally allowed their toolbar to be installed, but did an uninstall ... I don't know if that could be it.
I spent hours messing around with this last night and this morning and would really like to download something! :/
james678
New User
New User

Post by james678 »

I got it to accept a torrent (had to put it in an accessible file)

it starts to download and then quickly stops -- showing on the left that there's an Error
it seems to freeze up
deleted the config files and tried again, same result

Now I've downloaded another program that's working, I'd like to use deluge again though
so if anyone has any ideas please reply ... sorry I'm not more of a tech guy but usually I can get things to work
Cheers!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

it starts to download and then quickly stops -- showing on the left that there's an Error
If there is an error then you need to tell us what that error is but you can try using 1.3.1 as there have been issues with libtorrent in 1.3.3 though usually only related to Win7 64-bit.
(GtkWarning: Mixing deprecated and non-degrecated GtkToolbar API is not allowed)
Try with the latest GTK from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-win/

Also uninstalling Deluge will not remove your config so might want to try deleting it to see if that helps.
james678
New User
New User

Post by james678 »

thanks I tried installing 1.3.1 (my previous version wasn't 1.3.3, maybe 1.3.2?) and the new gtk and it worked, the only thing it does wrong is give this error message at the beginning
procedure entry point gdk_win32_begin_direct_draw_libgtk_only could not be located in the dynamic link library libgdk-win32=2.0.dll.
but when I click it away deluge starts up just fine
also zone alarm became a cpu hog so, I disabled it and used windows firewall

Thanks again !
funnel

Post by funnel »

james678 wrote:1.3.1 and the new gtk worked, but it gives this error message at the beginning:
procedure entry point gdk_win32_begin_direct_draw_libgtk_only could not be located in the dynamic link library libgdk-win32=2.0.dll.
but when I click it away deluge starts up just fine
Specific versions of Deluge are designed to work with specific versions of GTK. Sure, a specific Deluge version may work with other GTK versions, but it wasn't designed or tested to do so.

If the error becomes too annoying, it might be resolved by:
  • uninstalling GTK and Deluge, then doing a clean install of 1.3.1 and the version of GTK with which it was bundled. (Backup your %AppData%\deluge\state folder to keep your torrents.)
  • and/or, editing your system PATH variable to position the GTK folder ahead of any other folders that contain GTK-related files. (I had to do this to solve a different error because I had installed other programs that contain GTK files. For example, on my system the libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll you mention exists in many different folders.)